Nyphur

Stanky's Mum's Octavia - Now sold

This started out as a collection thread for the Colt I won from BarryShitpeas / WilsonWilson / JimBell / whatever he is known as in the year 2023 when you are reading this. It then formed into my just general bollocks thread on running / maintaining the Colt, my Micra, Octavia and other odds and sods.

Enjoy*

---------------------------------------------------

As you may have seen in the ROFL thread, my lucky dip came up trumps, and I bagged myself a 1988 1.5 Auto Mitsubishi Colt. AKA the thinking man’s Golf GTI.

Courtesy of draw machine Merlin, set of balls number 8, and bonus ball 10 I will tomorrow be venturing off oop North to collect the Autoshite Colt from WilsonWilson, and bringing it back darn Sarf to accompany the Micra.

If you look at the stats for this draw, it states “0 jackpot winnersâ€. I dispute this, as it’s a well documented fact that only winners drive a Colt; I can feel myself becoming more successful already.

This collection will be a bit of a slow burner… the itinerary is as follows:

• set off from Berks tomorrow when I finish work at 1 ish
  • drive to Newcastle and rendez-vous with WilsonWilson by 7 ish
  • collect Colt
  • find big stick to beat the honeys off it with
  • decamp to a local hotel
  • head out for the evening and sample the local shitelife
  • head back Sunday
  • Win

A quick thumbs up to my insurance company Hastings who added the Colt to my existing policy for 28 days for £25. The mathematicians amongst you will recognise that equates to under £1 a day, which for temporary, fully comp cover, is a bargain in my book (and buys me some time to shop around for proper quotes). Considering most of the day-insure style quotes I looked at were more than that for 24 hours, mustn’t grumble.

Watch this space tomorrow. 600 mile round trip!

If you look at the stats for this draw, it states “0 jackpot winnersâ€Â. I dispute this, as it’s a well documented fact that only winners drive a Colt; I can feel myself becoming more successful already.

This collection will be a bit of a slow burner… the itinerary is as follows:

• set off from Berks tomorrow when I finish work at 1 ish

• drive to Newcastle and rendez-vous with WilsonWilson by 7 ish

• collect Colt

• find big stick to beat the honeys off it with

• decamp to a local hotel and shag the honeys

• head out for the evening and sample the local flagelation and debauchery

• head back Sunday

• Win

Ahhh... Every weekend for nearly a year I did Weymouth to Ncl & back. Wheelz of choice = 130Rapid skoda.

One particular, dark and traffic hold up free night I clipped up the road @ a mile a minute (total miles = total minutes).

I was bloody flying ;)

TS

We've been fed...

96746e0d84112692e7c4a9e7729e8742.jpg

No square sausages in sight. We like our smashed up pigs in a tube darn sarf thank you very much.

We've packed the essentials...

8e143fc226a36a016e06e9a48dc9d378.jpg

And we're underway!

Our chariot for the journey North...

post-19643-144145613206_thumb.jpg

All VOXLs are shit etc. I should have packed a tow rope, just in case the Colt needs to tow the Astra home....

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Slight change of route on account of no one paying attention...

10c6eb4418cd1a932a0c351f31f3bd11.jpg

A bit of idle research has uncovered the existence of NFL team the Indianapolis Colts.

Until recently the Colts played their home games at the RCA Dome. Let's see what relevance those letters could have on my near future....

8c08728fa08cf1f6758057d47f9824df.jpg

Anagrams of RCA to tell my future...

CAR ... Yes, I am going to pick up a car Meg. Must try harder...

ARC ... Hmmm, the photos of the car reveal the arches may need a spot of welding... Good call

RAC...

927055da24e06c9fbea4610a14c192d9.jpg

Bonus car park shite...

cd4a9906d7d655613bdcded8f1a9c89b.jpg

Progress has slowed due to travel chaos, and morale in the car is low.

f77e36074f5ca4f1cc75dfdf691b7ac7.jpg

I've elected to read out a few reviews of the hotel that will serve as our FOB tonight. That should raise spirits...

"Room was filthy, dirt all over the floor and stains on walls and carpets"

"Very bad smell all around the hotel"

"The sheets were stained, the is mould on the walls, the showers stink, the room stinks, the toilets were awful!!"

"I did not feel safe."

Hmmm.... Perhaps not.

Bonus shite...

9a318bd3014f3a62e44155e259e60a8b.jpg

Good to meet you dude, thanks for the handover.

Fuck me I look hefty in that photo!

The colt is now laid up in the hotel car park about 12 miles from Wilson towers.

Drove faultlessly so far, and everything is so tight on the car.

More photos in the daylight, now out on the toon....

Bonus shot of the new Wilson wagon..

11e0f24a38e25e7b7d746c2f0a451139.jpg

16a224feb9ae04cb9c1a518f1e70b702.jpg

1a7dd448b537f03286a53c1b8699e960.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Burnside
      Well after almost 11 years it time to part ways with my Cavalier as recent changes mean I'm needing a estate car now. 
      It's in tidy condition for it age and years but is no show car, though saying that I get plenty of nice comments off people about it which is nice!  Will be really sad to see it go as it's been a fantastic car to me and has always been a dependable friend. Holidays, house moves, days out, road trips buying tat or being on family taxi duty. It does it all without fuss. 
      I have folders full of various receipts and bills for work carried out over the years and have got various spares mainly used that I can include if wanted.  I also have a compete spare 1.8 engine with 74,000 miles available too. 
      Mileage is 204,000 but I did replace the engine with a secondhand unit about a year after first buying it with similar miles due to a oil pressure fault.  Though I've seen these Cavaliers with over  250,000+ miles and I have no issues with driving this car anywhere as these are hardy things. 
      I've always serviced the car each year and always use a quality 15w40 oil.   In recent years it had all new shocks/ front springs and top mounts. Front Brakes and had various other parts replaced as needed to keep it ticking over. 
      Has Pas, leccy front windows and central locking. Also has working Towbar see pic bellow. 
      There so much more I can say but I'd be here all night!
      Currently awaiting some Mot repairs to sort out emissions [ replace front downpipe ] and some minor welding to the rear floor pan . It should be ready for me to collect by Friday.  Any questions just ask away. Will add some pictures over the weekend once I've got the Car back. Still Insured till the end of May and Taxed etc. 

• By drivewaymyway
      Hiya all...  My brother has bought a new Vectra, his old Vectra is sitting on his drive, it's a 1.8 Petrol, it is 1999, and 170k ....  usual rust bubbles, it has been serviced but he's not great at cleaning so it probably stinks, no MOT and it stalls at when you stop at traffic lights and junctions. He has spend loads on it over the years trying to get it fixed but the mechanic that my brother uses recons the fuel pump is the problem although I can't see it because it as had this characteristic for the 10 or so years he has had it and it always starts no problem.. like I say it's had loads of new bits but still stalls, other than the rusty bits it all seems to be there.  That is all I know about it. He wants £110 for it because that's scrap value. If you want a cheapie project come to Reading and drag drive it away..
    • By blackbird
      Nissan Primera 2.0 P11-144 Sport
      Starts - every time
      Drives - some noises
      Stops - some judder
      Boring , but has never let us down

Silver
      petrol
      Manual
      Hatchback
      Cloth interior
      Standard Alloys
      HubNut sticker
      Autoshite sticker

Date registered 1 September 1999

MOT valid until 30 August 2019

Rust on Front wings , some other rust spots
      Knock/small judder on breaking , but ABS light not on

£400
      (Car take back value is £160 )

Near Cardiff
      Can deliver in South Wales region

Pics and more info to follow
    • By J-T
      I really shouldn't read the ebay tat thread. I have no need for this and don't really have anywhere to put it. You know the rest! No pez shot as it didn't even need any.

It was on ebay with a badly listed auction that was failing to gain any momentum as it didn't actually specify what car it was. I arranged to go look at it and it's ended up coming home with me. It's a 520i SE Auto and seems very good for its 26 years. Wafts along very nicely, though with 150bhp quite sedately but still has a nice 6 cyl soundtrack. It's been very little used it's entire life really having covered 67k miles with every old MOT to back it up. Not that much in the way of service history but you can tell it's been cared for. I've also found a receipt for a replacement auto box from 2015. Here's some of its finer points

Interior is very clean other than the usual worn cloth on the driver's seat base from many arses getting in and out

OBC (currently doesn't seem to be working but not messed with it) and aircon (just needs a regas m8 obvs). 10CD changer in the boot, full brace of electric mirrors, electric sunroof and electric lumbar support on the seats

It's done about 6k in 10 years

Bimmer mats

Gingercators supplied

MAGAZINE FEATURED SHOWCAR

And some of its less fine points

Ugly sill repair. The other side's seen some action too but looks a lot better

Patch of laquer peel on the bonnet. The roof is nowhere near as bad as that but it's just starting to go too.

And that's about it, that I've found up to now. I'm hopefully going to give it a good polish tomorrow so I'm sure I'll find a bit more as I'm going. I can't see this staying with me very long, as like I say I've no use for it so if you like it, look out for an advert in the fairly near future.