Chod North East. Spotting through time.

Jim Bell

That 4th pic has some quality old BMC chod - Austin A55 MK 2 on the right. Over on the left hand side there is a bloke unpacking (or dismantling) what looks like a Series Rapier but next to that is a Series II Oxford Traveller. Not many of them left. The bird in front of that Mk 1 Eccy has fit pins too.

Happy (and rather hazy...) student memories, 1985-88.

I went back a couple of years ago, and was amazed how the place had changed.  Most of the buildings had changed colour or been replaced and you could go to the Quayside without being killed.  Oh, and some bastard had burned down the Barley Mow on City Road...

• 2 weeks later...

Third pic fron the top, repeated by junkman above with the Minor and A30 van on the left.

What is the third car on the right that is a coupe. black? with fins and probably not a Sunbeam (window shape wrong)

EDIT...A few seconds googleing has convinced me it IS a Sunbeam, I found one with that same roof profile.

Had an enjoyable 15 months working in the old Tyne Tees TV building in 2007/08, after TTTV had moved to Gateshead a while before. Here's how it looked in the good old days:

Tyne-Tees.jpg

And how it looked when I was there. Only about a dozen people rented office/workshop space there and the centre garage was ours, along with a 2nd floor office for my boss and a storage room with no windows that I worked out of, next to the garage.

d05-07-22%2BTyne%2BTees%2BStudio.jpg

Happy fun times exploring the myriad rooms and spaces and purloining the odd bit of stuff, like the 4 x 6ft high Dexion shelves I lovingly dismantled one day and transported to York in my AX GT.

Sadly the whole place was levelled in 2010, so there went the only TV studio space of any real value between Leeds and Edinburgh. Google Maps tells me there's now a shit looking hotel in the place of the car park, main studio, Tube entrance and Egypt Cottage pub, whilst the space occupied by the main building is still just rubble. Nice one.