Chod North East. Spotting through time.

Jim Bell

1 hour ago, Jim Bell said:

Market st/Pilgrim St, Newcastle. 

FB_IMG_1580150989007.jpg.f6d66fd8a36b91d98bfc10a299eacb30.jpg

Carliol House above the NEEB shop (north eastern electricity board) where my dad worked - his office was on the second floor, his window would be just above the BT van on the right of the pic :)

sadly now empty and all boarded up, no one wants big offices in the city centre anymore.

Beatties toyshop on the left with the black and yellow sign - had some cracking model railway layouts, there was one that ran on a high up shelf round the whole of the shop !

15 minutes ago, gm said:

Beatties toyshop on the left with the black and yellow sign - had some cracking model railway layouts, there was one that ran on a high up shelf round the whole of the shop !

They were also the go to place for Tamiya R/C stuff when I was a nipper. Had video running on loops of the Sand Scorcher blazing the dunes and Vanessa's Lunch Box popping wheelies. 

On 1/18/2020 at 8:23 PM, jmsguzzi said:

My bands practice room is on the end of that row, had no idea there was ever a pub there!

552472C6-1478-4271-AD50-C79EA82E9199.png

Small world.

Up until about a year ago I used to play synth with a band in the building you're referring to. The band has now, er, disbanded, but the basement/cellar room was ours. Say hello to Keith for me!

1 hour ago, Shirley Knott said:

Small world.

Up until about a year ago I used to play synth with a band in the building you're referring to. The band has now, er, disbanded, but the basement/cellar room was ours. Say hello to Keith for me!

Ah that’ll be ur booze and bong then!

Keith moved us down into the cellar for ‘2-3 weeks’ whilst he renovated Rm2....... we’ve been down there for 6 months now!!

8 hours ago, jmsguzzi said:

Ah that’ll be ur booze and bong then!

*Definitely not governor.

TBH I recon that room is the best one there, loads of character with it's cobbled stone floor and vault in the back (Used to be a jeweller IIRC). We used to use it for parties/card nights as well as band practice and unbeknown to Keith even used to sleep down there sometimes after a night out on the town (Pretty grim but cheaper than a taxi)

It's perhaps before your time, but about 20 years ago Keith used to run that cellar as an unlicensed bar. I saw some great gigs down there in the late nineties when I was 16/17. Halcyon days!

2 hours ago, Shirley Knott said:

*Definitely not governor.

TBH I recon that room is the best one there, loads of character with it's cobbled stone floor and vault in the back (Used to be a jeweller IIRC). We used to use it for parties/card nights as well as band practice and unbeknown to Keith even used to sleep down there sometimes after a night out on the town (Pretty grim but cheaper than a taxi)

It's perhaps before your time, but about 20 years ago Keith used to run that cellar as an unlicensed bar. I saw some great gigs down there in the late nineties when I was 16/17. Halcyon days!

It’s a great space and we used to hang down there all the time but then the mold got hold of a lot of our gear....