Chod North East. Spotting through time.

Jim Bell

• 2 weeks later...

Just dipped in to the last couple of pages of this thread and the pics are giving me strong feels. Not the area, I've been down south all my life, but something about the cars and the vibe of the streets really reminds me of being a kid in the 70/80's. The colours, the style, the fumes from the exhausts on cold days... 

I'm going to start at the beginning now, thanks for posting these. 

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the Rover, looking at a Minis arse, is quayside (the mini shed is now The Copthorne)... So photographer has his back to the High Level Bridge piers.

Red 'Northern' atlantean is on the 'new road' parallel to King St, Sheelz. Bit of bridge arch is the BR line into S Sh station... L8r METRO ;)

5 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

I believe the Rover, looking at a Minis arse, is quayside (the mini shed is now The Copthorne)... So photographer has his back to the High Level Bridge piers.

Red 'Northern' atlantean is on the 'new road' parallel to King St, Sheelz. Bit of bridge arch is the BR line into S Sh station... L8r METRO ;)

Yeah, the Metro bridge is a give away but I wasn't sure if this was still a continuation of Scotswood Rd in those days. 

1 hour ago, Jim Bell said:

FB_IMG_1560705158620.thumb.jpg.2043e1493cfe76214b26393e41342364.jpg

Sunderlands last “k” reg National, indeed its last National as it was incorporated into Northern by the time the next one ( MCN894 - chassis 108) was delivered. Chassis no 105 means its the fifth production National. Ended its life at Lincolnshire and like most of the early ones was converted to single door 52 seat configuration fairly early in its life. Quite the rare beast and still sporting the very short lived brushed stainless front and rear bumpers.

I really must get out more.

1 hour ago, FPB7 said:

Sunderlands last “k” reg National, indeed its last National as it was incorporated into Northern by the time the next one ( MCN894 - chassis 108) was delivered. Chassis no 105 means its the fifth production National. Ended its life at Lincolnshire and like most of the early ones was converted to single door 52 seat configuration fairly early in its life. Quite the rare beast and still sporting the very short lived brushed stainless front and rear bumpers.

I really must get out more.

Use a bus.

• 4 weeks later...