Autoshite Assistance Citroen AX exhaust Wales

minolman

Hello fellow members.

I have a bit of a problem with my Citroen AX.

As usual I've got another vehicle recently. This seems an annual occurrence. I've taken it on a 145 mile trip to mid Wakes. Been out today and the exhaust is now hanging on the car by a thread. So to any of you who know the Aberystwyth, Machynnleth, Tywyn area. Where can I get an exhaust from that won't rip off an English customer? No I'm not taking the micky, it's already happened to me today. I'm here at a caravan near Tywyn from tomorrow or a week and obviously to avoid neighbours comments and it collapsing altogether I'd like to sort it! All help / ideas appreciated. It's a 10E model pre-cat. What's on is one long pipe from front and a rear box. Dunno if this is correct for 954cc Mk1??

Find an electrical appliance in a skip and chop the cable off. Get underneath and tie the exhaust up around the heatshield, should get you home. I've been running round with my centre section tied up with some dyson cable for a month now, whislt trying to find a local tame welder type bloke

There may be a slight smell of melted plastic, depending how hot it gets under there. Mine must stay cool by the backbox as it hasnt melted yet, but as the leccy cable has metal wire inside, it wont melt right through.

Shame you havent got a ZX 1.9D, I've got an exhaust for that (for now, before it gets modified)

I may take the fekking thing to the breakers yet!

Disgraced itself AGAIN yesterday. Now it won't idle. Fekking thing. You have to rev the nuts off it to start it then whack the choke right out in traffic to keep the damned engine going. Yet on the open road it's fine! It just seems to hate small throttle openings. If my wife decides she wants a newer car this thing may well end up Boeing the trade in / scrappage scheme fall guy.

Ugh.

The amusing saving grace is this'll be the third car that's lovely low mileage to have come to me via the "garage of delights", all of which have been brilliant low mileage survivors. All of which have let me down after covering a mere few thousand miles. Yet my 60s Morris Oxford sailed along as a daily user for 7 years and just flew through MOTs! Hmm. Maybe I need a much newer and then a much older car?