Logical* upgrade for your current car

jonny69

Let's say hypothetically that you were in a position where you could replace your current car, but you couldn't get the same again. There aren't any more left or something. You want to replace it with the closest you can get but let's also say hypothetically that you can UPGRADE it at the same time! Luxury huh? What have you got now and what would you get as your logical* Autoshite upgrade?

Currently got: Ford Anglia.

Ford_Anglia_for_Sale_or_Swop_for_gholf_1

Would replace it with: Ford Ka.

ford_ka_red_9.jpg

Logical reasons:

-Similar size - tick

-Got a ride in one once and it was almost identical to my Anglia inside - tick

-Inherent structural rust problems from factory (note: copyright Ford 1959-2008) - tick

-Same engine as an Anglia innit - tick

-5 speed - UPGRADE

-Red - tick

The thought of replacing my 75 brings me out in a cold sweat, gives me the shakes and very dark thoughts. The inside of a 75 is tranquil place to be, like your old grans living room sitting in a comfy old armchair with a pot of tea and some homemade cake, two bars on the fire.

Step outside and the general doom and gloom of everyday life soon kicks back in...

Its funny you should post this thread....

Im currently looking at changing this:

art_1002_3_Citroen%20C8%2002_big.JPG

For this:

$_57.JPG

Seats 7 - Check

Irrational electrical faults  - check

Strange blue colour the missus likes - check

Can tow a caravan - check

Big boot - check

Liable to perform open wallet surgery at unexpected times - check

17201135011_39d8c89ed0_h.jpg

The first logical 'upgrade' that is as similar as possible that comes to mind would be a brand new Pakistani built Suzuki Cultus...

Suzuki-Cultus-2010-313313.JPG

But that probably falls foul of the "There aren't any more left or something" rule. In which case it would probably be the new Suzuki Celery Celerio

suzuki-celerio-live-geneva-2014-15.jpg

Its funny you should post this thread....

Im currently looking at changing this:

art_1002_3_Citroen%20C8%2002_big.JPG

For this:

$_57.JPG

Seats 7 - Check

Irrational electrical faults  - check

Strange blue colour the missus likes - check

Can tow a caravan - check

Big boot - check

Liable to perform open wallet surgery at unexpected times - check

My dad had one of those on a W plate, it was a 2.5 Dizzler, 80K with FSH, he didn't have any grief except an airlock (IIRC) somewhere in the cooling system  that cost £0.00 to sort out.

The logical upgrade from my XM would be a C6, but at the 10th Anniversary C6 Rally at the weekend someone told me that a replacement wing mirror from Citroen costs £800. For that sort of money I'd expect the rest of the car to be attached.

Therefore I suspect that my upgrade path is going to be XM -> slightly better XM until all the XMs have gone. That said I do find myself admiring Rover 75s more and more these days. They're ageing very well.

The thought of replacing my 75 brings me out in a cold sweat, gives me the shakes and very dark thoughts. The inside of a 75 is tranquil place to be, like your old grans living room sitting in a comfy old armchair with a pot of tea and some homemade cake, two bars on the fire.

Step outside and the general doom and gloom of everyday life soon kicks back in...

How about a P4?

Got a V50... love it to bits, the Wife hates it. So, we're looking at a Freelander 2. Sort of related, like this (Puts thumb in mouth and blows cheeks out) Ford C1 (Focus/Mazda 3) platform, PSA 2 litre 16V diesel. Getrag "Manual" Wet clutch Autobox for a Japanese soft-roader. . FL2? S80 platform, PSA 2.2 16V diesel, Aisin (Japanese) 6 speed Autobox. all made pretty much by Ford, both of them.... Upgrade? The FL2 will be the highest trim level which has only a sunroof as an addition to the spec of the Volvo. But we'll lose keyless entry, Blind Spot Warning mirrors, and the stealth mode of a dark blue Volvo Estate at dusk on a busy motorway.... ;)