Suzuki Baleno 1.6 GLX

primin2015

Evening all

Having been an avid follower of all things Autoshite for some time, I am, in my first post, not only testing the water but am jumping in at the deep end with wild abandon and putting a piece of top class chod up for sale.  Details are;

Suzuki Baleno 1.6 GLX 4 door saloon

1999 on an S plate

Met. burgundy

5-speed manual

Power steering

4 x elec. windows (and yes, they all work!)

Twin airbags

Fancy JVC CD player, with remote control (why? the stereo itself is only a foot away!)

94,000 miles

MOT to Feb '16

Exceptionally clean for age (back seat looks like it's never been sat in etc.)

Offers in region of £325 (car is in North Wales and I would be happy to assist with collection, meet at a rail station of your choice etc.)  

Images attached

Cheers

post-19851-0-28809400-1439417364_thumb.jpg

post-19851-0-20626700-1439417389_thumb.jpg

post-19851-0-52524800-1439417420_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

Problems are a possible slight blow in the exhaust, but it has always sounded like that. It has an almost Impreza'ish sound to it (slight overstatement there perhaps!).

It will need front tyres in the next few thousand miles, but they're still better than the ones on the Astra estate diesel that's replaced the Baleno.

There is a slight mark where I took off a faded/ugly Cymru (i.e. Wales) sticker off the boot-lid that seemed to have been welded on! Some T-Cut or paint restorer should help, speaking of which, someone has rubbed a bit hard (ooh missus!) on the front wing and gone through the paint in a small section.

Had a new timing belt kit & tensioner fitted (at a Ford main dealer for some reason) at 83k, now on 94k so we're OK there.

Any further questions, please ask.

It seems that the Suzuki Baleno is a difficult car to sell, as there's another one on the forum that's been up for a while.

I may have to consider the alternative i.e. remove the (remote controlled!) stereo and weigh her in for scrap, but I am loathe to do this as there is essentially nothing wrong with the car. No reasonable offer will be refused.

This is last chance saloon to give this saloon a last chance!

It seems that the Suzuki Baleno is a difficult car to sell, as there's another one on the forum that's been up for a while.

I may have to consider the alternative i.e. remove the (remote controlled!) stereo and weigh her in for scrap, but I am loathe to do this as there is essentially nothing wrong with the car. No reasonable offer will be refused.

This is last chance saloon to give this saloon a last chance!

It's not just the baleno, I finally sold the mg last night through the tree of bums for four of the queens twenty's, cheep cars are nowt but a pain in the neck to shift on.

Selling cars on here is difficult because 99% of the people on here are poor, I just sold my Rascal for a whopping £475 with no mot or v5 but didn't see the point of advertising it on here.

If you're going to go down the weighing it in route, you'll get something like £44 per ton so how about you take the stereo and I'll give you £50?