--

Guest Hirst

As I recall the run-out Renault 5 was £5555 (see what they did there?). I don't think there was much on offer for less than that.

Yeah, there was an advert with a bear driving it and at the end the announcer said 'Only £5555 on the road'. It was specifically the Campus edition.

Years in job....13-19

Performance....poor. Current rating because of 18 months off work after whiplash caused by getting rear-ended in a pool Allegro. Forgot to tell anyone I was asleep in the middle of the road on the way home from the pub. The other driver was convicted of drink-driving. The payout got me a world cruise whilst recuperating and enough to make a donation to superintendant Smith of The local police. Also an upgraded house mortgage free.

I also have proof the new MD has stolen someone's identity and if I  get a Renault 5 will tell all ( except the Smith donation).

Want and expect Volvo 960 auto with leather.

Well, well, well, it seems at the moment that Mr Hirst has done a runner. I am saying nothing about his so-far unknown indiscretions until the Volvo does not arrive.

At the moment I am on a sales trip, but enquiries in China have found a source of product at 5% of our current ex-factory cost. Talks with Mr Essex v6 re finance are progressing well and he is keen to help form a new company to supply Europe. get your sorry arse into gear and GET MY VOLVO or it will happen. This is more than a threat...

Dear Fleet Manager;

After Seven years loyal service I'm pleased we're being allocated new vehicles!

My return after the outbreak of illness that plagued the Northern Reps annual conference dinner means I've sadly only achieved an Adequate rating of sales but negotiating that new contract for 100,000 plastic figurines of Linford Christie following the successful gold in Barcelona I feel great things will come from expanding the plastic toy mouldings division and look forward to receiving something suitable to impress our new clients when I visit.

Something French would be appreciated, especially as I may have to go and deal with Solido and Majorette in Paris.

Dear Fleet Manager, as you may have heard from my drunken outburst at the office party last week I have been offered a job with RIVAL FIRM LTD. Not only do I get an extra day holiday, the boss's PA flashed me her stocking tops so I reckon I'm in there. Oh, and their pool car is an Alfa 164 whilst my Carlton Diplomat is on order.

As such, you'll find my Sierra 1.8L in a layby on the A34. Be quick, there were some youths hanging around it and they have probably definitely stolen the stereo and spare wheel, and done a poo in the glovebox.

• 2 weeks later...