My history, some spots UPDATE March 2023

Nev

7 minutes ago, Nev said:

And the latest edition, poo brown inside, poo brown outside 80's heaven

27292794088_747dbc7229_k.jpg

That is very nice indeed, Venus gold is a good colour and chocolate chatsworth cloth is lovely, is this the 2.3 Ghia manual that was on ebay? Well bought, I look forward to more pictures 😍

Just the right car for Cortina’s to Cortina next year. My 1982 2.3 Ghia manual is my favourite car and the one I would keep if in the unthinkable position of having just one car.

• Nev changed the title to My shite history inc Allegro floppytop Update 18/3 BROWN
  • Nev changed the title to My history, some spots UPDATE March 2023

Then late summer my mate in Lanzerote (who's Merc I wrote off, see earlier post) contacted me to say our favourite bar / cafe / resturant is for sale, and would I like in?
Work was being shitty - too much stuff piled on me, the constant interference by no-nothing wankers, and being on call 24/7 365 was starting to get on my tits. 

So I put Nev_Towers up for sale, flogged the Focus, flogged Mrs_Nev's car and had the Cortina as a daily whist things went through. The plan was move everything and everyone out these, but in the end Daughter_Nev decided that as she had just signed up for another 6 months on her flatshare and she didn't want to leave her *(lying, cheating, bullshitting ginger prick) boyfriend, she'd stay. More of THAT fucking debacle at a later date. Nev_Junior had a Twingo 133 Alpine at this point, the plan was to SORN the Cortina, and leave the Twingo at The Olds for use when we came back for visits and @outlaw118 was under strict instructions to take the little bastard out for a good kicking every now and then.

Paperwork seemed to be progresing nicely, someone bought the house and a lot of the contents, other bits were either given to charity (How fucking fussy are British Heart Foundation FFS?!), and I set about getting a left hand drive van and/or a car to drive down to the ferry to the island.

First purchase was a minty Mercedes E200 W124, previously imported from Italy by someone from a Facebook Mercedes group, polished and I picked it up when he'd used it for whatever it was, I forget. I've got a picture of it on a phone somewhere, but can't retrieve it at the mo, but you all know what a W124 looks like. Navy blue 16 hole alloys....

Then I sourced a Dutch import VW T4 long wheelbase dayvan type thing. LHD, nice alloys, all the chavvy surfer crap, bonnet spoiler (I mean, why?) but the stereo was loud, and the windows were tinted, so sold.

that's when the ballache started. I had to apply for a UK logbook, there was some issue with the NOVA (there wasn't one) and cunt I bought it off refused to take my calls. 

Also, on the way back to Mother-In-Law's Christmas Day some fucker T-Boned it, pissed up in a Jag S Type, front corner, wheel, steering arm, spring, all fubared. Parts on back order. FFS....
Fixed in time for us to leave Mid-Jan, but arguing with DVLA still going so....

So eventually I ended up parking it up outside Parents_Nev along with the Twingo, loaded up with shite that we'll definitely* need....

We drove the Merc down, all good. We had agreed to rent a villa until all the paperwork / money was sorted, with agreement to buy if we liked it, and everything else slotted into place.

Now for a commercial break. 

7d687j.jpg

The trouble with Lanzarote being a small island, they've got some powers, but all important paperwork has to go to the seemingly part-timers on mainland Spain. 

Bearing in mind we had already started proceedings for residency late '21 it took until summer until we were allowed to complete the purchase of the villa. 

The restuarant isn't doing the numbers it was, but that's more to do with the previous owners being almost local celebrities and the community is suspicious of a couple of fat Essex boys taking over. It's generating a small income, enough to pay the 2 chefs, and a smoll amount left over for us, but not a lot. So I'm now doing airport runs. In something completely unsuitable OBVS. A BMW 740, stolen recovered insurance write off, bought cheap. If you're in a hurry, I'm your man. 2nd picture taken the other day, wasn't prepared for some drunken twat to hit it and drive off.... See how I've painstakingly cleaned the writing off from the eBay scrapper??

IMG-20230224-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20230224-WA0014.jpg

Slight photobomb in the first pic from another aquisition, everyone, meet Burp. Isuzu Trooper. Proper thing, again can be used for larger airport pickups, but also as a toy. Been off roading in it, and it's a proper laugh.  I'll add more phots later.

IMG-20230224-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20230224-WA0012.jpg

The Merc which technically was Nev_Juniors 21st Birthday present after his MG ZS V6 developed terminal crispiness (bought and restored by someone with time and welder) has now been sold, so what to replace it with? Do I/we need another car?
Of course we don't need another one. 

So I bought this. RS2000, equivalent of about £2500, bargainous. Not rusty, could do with general titivation (but couldn't we all) but seems OK. Only had it ten days, so not got bored or broken it. 

Yet.

IMG-20230224-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230224-WA0009.jpg

So that's pretty much up to date. 

Couple of local spots, will keep my eye out. Also found a selling website which may yeild some interesting* shite, bu will probably use the eBay tat thread for those. RennoFour's seem quite popular here, got a van photo with a Gordini engine on my phone but can't seem to upload it. Will keep trying.

Have a dump.

IMG-20230204-WA0056.jpg

IMG-20230204-WA0057.jpg

IMG-20230207-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230224-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20230224-WA0001.jpg