Went for a flit to the gulags

Des

Went for a drive across Europe, for a couple of weeks but ended up stretching it to a month, had to come back because of punter wanting to buy some equipment, arse.

Snapped a few pics of awesome but fuck that for a mo, look what I saw when I nipped into town today.

IMG_8653.jpg

Does it get any better? Fuck yeah, R reg and mint.

IMG_8654.jpg

Back to the foreigns, this rather purposeful looking nice thing was in Germany.

IMG_4850.jpg

Then onto Poland, duzy tailpipe is much impress no?

IMG_8312.jpg

The car in front is...

IMG_5015.jpg

Poland has Tesco stores, they stock value range wheeltrims.

IMG_8313.jpg

Was maybe somebody disapointed with an autogas conversion?

IMG_8294.jpg

And it's not Poland until you've seen a fucker walking a cat.

IMG_4985.jpg

Look at the knobrot on this.

IMG_8297.jpg

IMG_8328.jpg

This was wonderful.

IMG_8332.jpg

A wierdo.

IMG_8348.jpg

Camo done wrong, I know this because I could see it quite clearly.

IMG_5051.jpg

Look at this proper car.

IMG_8395.jpg

Communist traffic cones, they look a bit pointy odd but have wheels. How wonderous is that?

IMG_8423.jpg

Fuck the pineapples, I can haz Jeebers.

IMG_5121.jpg

Polish yout all over some small cars and fair play to them.

IMG_5211.jpg

Fancy airbrush art did nothing to prevent this lump of wank from breaking down.

IMG_5217.jpg

This is a Polish public conveniance, two shitters opposite two urinals, I'm sure it would be an interesting experience to try and curl one off whilst every Januz, Boris or Marek wander in and out for a piss, making prolonged eye contact as they say dobry, probably holding hands as well bloody foreigners.

IMG_8293.jpg

Made my way to Czech-land whatever it's called, fucking wow.

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

Ex Stazi

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_8487.jpg

IMG_5331.jpg

IMG_5407.jpg

Look what made it all the way from Blighty, and why shouldn't it eh?

IMG_5320.jpg

Skoda tram, how impressive is that? Broken down mind.

IMG_8467.jpg

I did a touristy part of Czech, crawling with selfie stick self obsessed cunts it was, just horrendous, look at this fucker, no lenses in those bins.

IMG_8479.jpg

Then Germany, a shit hot Simson, chrome mudguards, rims and clear lenses, opulance has arrived in the East.

IMG_8502.jpg

Hitlers unfinished build, dwarfing my van, it's a fucking great horseshoe shape in granite, those second level arches, I was able to drive into them by going up a ramp behind some trees, found a few assorted vavle collets up there, which was a bit random.

IMG_5443.jpg

German motel, it looked a bit dilapidated eighties from the outside but fuck me the rooms, timewarp!

IMG_5503.jpg

IMG_5504.jpg

France had this, up for sale at 3000 yoyos, bit much although it was rather arousing.

IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

Cutest car of evah, I wanted to abduct it and do creepy sex to it.

IMG_5723.jpg

IMG_5725.jpg

French garage door, inspiring. Probably some grim shit like a Corsa living there.

IMG_5731.jpg

And I brought back pressie, remember the Poundland commie cars, some of them made it to the comrades, I picked this up in a market,

IMG_8622.jpg

I don't recall seeing this one here, it's offered to the first person who can post up a pic of themselves Woolarding on a Samara, no photoshop unless done naked and tasteful.

What a great trip - and an even better write-up! Wondered why you were staying in a hotel when you were travelling in a camper van but then remembered that we did the same once or twice on our first road trip around NZ. Nothing beats the feeling of unlimited amounts of hot water and flushing toilets all to yourself once in a while. 

From what I've seen on here, 3000 Euros isn't too bad for that Ami any more. It even looks quite solid with the bonus of flat paint to keep it 'in it's own juices', or whatever the French phrase is for something that looks its age.

• 3 years later...