stuff on your shite you dislike?

Taff

well, we had bits you never use, and bits that are essential to you, so with an impending air of inevitability, what part of your shite don't you like?

On the MGF, it's this:-

agauge.jpg

Oil temp gauge.

Not only is it on the passenger side of the centre console where the driver gets a misreading unless he/she leans over, and for some reason it is fitted instead of a far more useful/interesting oil pressure gauge, the scale is boss-eyed. It's not evenly spaced, the graduations aren't consistant & it's pointless.

Useless piece of crap. I'm working on a way of having my IPhone mount sit over so I won't have to see it.

Have you ever seen it above 100?

I could hammer mine all day long and it never went near 120, yet some folk on the forums claim to be needing better cooling for when it goes into the red.

I reckon you could set fire to the thing and it would sit at 90c.

well, we had bits you never use, and bits that are essential to you, so with an impending air of inevitability, what part of your shite don't you like?

On the MGF, it's this:-

Useless piece of crap. I'm working on a way of having my IPhone mount sit over so I won't have to see it.

Gaffer tape?

The only thing I don't like with the Alto is the awkward shape of the tailgate oopening, the Panda was nice and square; however the Panda had a stupid thing with the rear wiper where it always knew better and would put itself on and wipe like hell when I didn't want it to go but would not start up, until it synchronised with the front wipers, when I did, also did not have enough of an inlet tube on the screenwash so it would pour all over the floor.

I could hammer mine all day long and it never went near 120, yet some folk on the forums claim to be needing better cooling for when it goes into the red.

If it only ever sat at 90 then I wouldn't trust it. Oil should be hotter than water in the engine once up to full temp (unless you have a massive oil cooler).

The Puma's cabin fan has debris in it that makes a really annoying noise.

I'm going to have to take the thing apart at some point and clear it out.

The Puma seat is either high and comfortable with shit visibility out the back or low and good visibility but uncomfortable.

Rust, my shite choices are ford's so it's inevitable but I hate it and have a quest to eradicate it's existence on everything I own

Same here.

But other than that I wish my Capri didn't have a manual gearbox! I really don't see why anyone would prefer them? It doesn't make me dislike the car or anything like that but I just love driving autos.

Nippa - no mist function. Minor switchgear (rear wiper, fog, HRW) entirely out of view and hard to find. Has self-cancelling indicators.

XM - No variable wipe (too povo), rear wiper switch entirely out of view but not quite so hard to find. PSA gearchange (ie crap). Speedo too small, too many numbers crammed into it. Indicator warning almost invisible, and also fairly inaudible. Has self-cancelling indicators.

10615351_502891686514902_396178010352186

There's a lot I don't like about 2CVs, but there's an awful lot more that I do like. Specifically, I dislike water coming in through the wiper spindles and leaking into my shoes, and the necessity of grease points.

The really flimsy Wallet drawer in my Proton... Drive over a speed bump or pot hole and it fails open... Try and get out, and it gouges a chunk of your leg out and then won't close again as you'd ripped it half out of it's home... Complete twat of a design... 

I've recently torn it out as the bruises and cuts on my leg were getting ridiculous. 

I don't like the hatch on the Saab. Its too long and angled a bit strangely so in a multi-story you smack it on the ceiling every time you open it. Thankfully someone at Saab realised this design flaw and fitted a big rubber door stop....... 

20150516_170354_zpsnzqpj8te.jpg

Still rankles though.... every time I forget and "BANG".....

The Saab has a really annoying alarm/immobiliser system. I really wish I could disarm the whole thing and take my chances with a Krooklock but I can't.

Go shopping and you disarm it to load your shit in the boot, then you take the trolley back to the trolley place and get into the car and try and start it. Except it won't start because it's decided that because you haven't put the key in the ignition within about 30 seconds of disarming it, it's going to reset the immobiliser and make you arm & disarm it again, complete with loud noises which I can't figure out how to turn off.

How did I forget the XM's stupid handbrake?! Foot operated parking brakes are just stupid. There's nothing wrong with a simple lever. Thankfully, the stupid foot-operated parking brakes seemed to die out. Only for electronic ones to come along instead. Ugh!!

I would far, far rather have somewhere to rest my left foot. But I still like the car overall.

The Swifts boot loading height is phenomenally annoying when trying to load anything bigger than a small fish. I really wanted to have a huge list of things to write here but I'm struggling for anything else. Has this car been slowly growing on me without my knowing? Shit, I might need a cure, anyone got reliable and fuel efficient shite for sale that isn't four billion miles of me as per usual?

No, even after an especially hard thrash down to the coast when it was redders the other day, it climbed to it's usual place and sat there. Fucking thing

The Saab has a really annoying alarm/immobiliser system. I really wish I could disarm the whole thing and take my chances with a Krooklock but I can't.

Go shopping and you disarm it to load your shit in the boot, then you take the trolley back to the trolley place and get into the car and try and start it. Except it won't start because it's decided that because you haven't put the key in the ignition within about 30 seconds of disarming it, it's going to reset the immobiliser and make you arm & disarm it again, complete with loud noises which I can't figure out how to turn off.

The F does this, and has the added embuggerance of a really sensitive motion sensor, so the alarm goes off if a mouse belch's within 30 foot of it.

The r&d budget that went into the development of the w124/w201 mercs was serious money at the time. However, at no point in said development did anybody with legs try to get into the drivers seat of a 190. If your left leg isn't under the steering wheel before you lower your body in you're buggered