who's been rubbing the ugly stick then?

Noel Tidybeard

They sell thousands of them though.

WTF? Who is buying them?

If I bought new cars I would... I am looking forward to owning one when they get into the £500 range... although I might be driving one sooner as Mrs doobietoo also wants one... I cant see why there is so much hate for Jukes...

I think there's some unofficial LOL fest going on between van designers to see who come up with the most vile looking contraption.

The normal transit looks okay if not a bit over styled but the big LWB ones are absolutely rotten.

ha ha... this has a ring of truth to it.

though i will admit to finding these strangely alluring...

2013-Hyundai-i800.jpg

and these. but of course all voxhalls is shit.....

vauxhall_vivaro_l2_diesel_209435.jpg

i think i need professional help!

So are all moderns lacking in beauty? I cannot think of any which sets my desire on fire, so I end up wondering who's out of step? Or is it being over 30 in this yoof-obsessed world? Or simply that the lack of appreciation of beauty and the pursuit of angry dissonance has reached the heady heights of motor car design? I just long for a bit of simple beauty and pur sang.

mini_countryman.jpg

post-4845-0-14735200-1435960432_thumb.png

mini_1.jpg

the examples shown above are DREADFUL examples of lazy design.

i mean, just look at them, W the actual F!

bland and derivative, sold cos of the shitty badge on the place next door and not on its merits. on tick so that you can show off to the neighbours or the other bored housewives at the school gates, cos heaven forbid that quinton might have to walk to school or go by bus....

i couldn't imagine anything more horrid.

pointless pieces of shit.

bland, dull shit.

Around 2008 Lexus produced some classy cars, WTF is going on in their design studio now...those blinged front ends look like accessory shop tat of the cheapest order.

The Silver LS460 from around 2008 is there for comparison, quietly handsome as such a car should be.

To be fair to Lexus,they're not making cars to appeal to British or European eyes. In the Middle and Far East, the bling and aggression is what makes them appealing. I was in Kuwait in January and the family I was visiting must have had about 20 LX570's ,as well as other cars for the evening and something for the driver to take the kids to school in of course.

When I asked why they'd all got them, my mate said this time last year we all had an Infiniti Q whatever( posh V8 Patrol) but with the new look the Lexus IS the one to have!

To be fair to Lexus,they're not making cars to appeal to British or European eyes. In the Middle and Far East, the bling and aggression is what makes them appealing. I was in Kuwait in January and the family I was visiting must have had about 20 LX570's ,as well as other cars for the evening and something for the driver to take the kids to school in of course.

When I asked why they'd all got them, my mate said this time last year we all had an Infiniti Q whatever( posh V8 Patrol) but with the new look the Lexus IS the one to have!

Yes having been unfortunate enough to carry lorry loads of new RR's bound for the middle east, i can understand that, garish is the word.

The worse i ever saw, and once seen cannot be unseen, was a bright yelllow superblinged RR with matching!? bright red leather incl dashboard, there were many such combinations best viewed through a welding mask to help prevent nausea.

Those destined for China which you might have thought would be more 'cheerfully' painted tended instead to be western conservative, with good specs you wouldn't find here but a better long term bet, such as NA V8 petrol Disco 3's on steel springs with sensible sized 17" tyres/alloys.

Never mind the exterior, the new C-Class has the most gob-smackingly ugly dashboard you could imagine. The photo is flattering. In reality, the shelf in front of the passenger looks like a cliff face. The oh-so-trendy bullseye air vents don't fit at all, and the screen literally looks like a Tesco Hudl propped up on the dash.  All observed from the back seat of a taxi.  I felt very sorry for the driver having to stare at that s**t all day long.

2015-mercedes-c-class-interior-wr7af2zo.

I saw one of them there Shitron Prickle Pots parked on a driveway of a house as I went to deliver the mail the other day. As I was walking back to the van, I was compelled to stand next to it poking those bubble things - it reminded me of bubble wrap, felt like they had been attached to the car with watered down PVA glue. The owner stared at me out of the window so I just shrugged, shook my head and walked off.