who's been rubbing the ugly stick then?

Noel Tidybeard

Re the godawful BMW X6, and ugly new Mercs, how about this monstrosity?

attachicon.gifuglyUGLY.jpg

I was so upset this week when I learned of its existence, that I nearly posted it in the Grumpy Thread.  :cry:

It is rare for me to feel this way, but this is so completely vulgar and rediculous I would genuinely be slightly embarrassed to be seen in it.

Re the godawful BMW X6, and ugly new Mercs, how about this monstrosity?

uglyUGLY.jpg

I was so upset this week when I learned of its existence, that I nearly posted it in the Grumpy Thread. :cry:

Fucking brilliant. An alternative to the X6 for all those people who want a lorry with a sporty roofline

I used to think the Nissan Puke/Joke was absolutely gopping, but living near to the factory you see about 1.2 million of the things each day (nearly all being driven like shit) so the effect sort of wears off. The lower, round head lights even look a bit like a early 00s Mustang (shame about the rest of it though).

Those Bentleys look toss too, I think it's just impossible to make LED lights look like anything other than a £20 CCTV camera off eBay or a Poundland Christmas rope light.

The BMW X6 is pretty damn awful, I couldn't believe my eyes the first time I saw one. Like the puke it has lost its shock factor a bit, but someone, somewhere has signed that off a drawing board and is (presumably) proud of it!

I wonder what it actually is about the Scorpio that's so universally hated? It's no oil painting but I'd not have it on a top ten list of fugly cars, as just about anything will out ugly it nowadays. Would some more aggressive looking headlights and a not as wide grille have saved the Scorpio?

fabia-rstat.jpg

This thing made me want to vomit on the M5 the other day... Apart from the ability to make it look like a 5dr Stilo by squinting, it looked like the 35degree heat had actually melted another piece of VAG shit... I've never been the Fabia's biggest fan, but this thing is just utterly appaling from the rear... I didn't see the front of it as it's pissy little 0.6ltr triple turbo charged 2cv engine was being overworked by some rep... But the back end of it was just utterly foul. 

Most designers went through a phase 2008-2014 of sharp lines and angles, and as few curves as possible. The designers didn't have any new or modern ideas, so they took a step back for some stupid reason, rubbed out all the angles and replaced them with blobby curves that look shit.

Audi did the exact opposite and are in the process of making all their cars even more angular.

car_photo_591220.jpg?itok=taGdTv_P

Nice.

Most designers went through a phase 2008-2014 of sharp lines and angles, and as few curves as possible. The designers didn't have any new or modern ideas, so they took a step back for some stupid reason, rubbed out all the angles and replaced them with blobby curves that look shit.

Audi did the exact opposite and are in the process of making all their cars even more angular.

car_photo_591220.jpg?itok=taGdTv_P

Nice.

I think this just goes to show that British Leyland's design department were 40 years ahead of the opposition.

It's not just moderns which are fugly. Despite owning two in the past, and loving them, you can't help but compare the side profile of the mk1 Jetta and the mk1 Golf. The Golf is an aesthetic beauty, with the arse of a five-times-a-week-for-the-last-40-years jogger. The Jetta has the arse of a woman who has worked in an office for 40 years, has never exercised and is fuelled by Kipling.

mk1gtipic4.jpg

hqdefault.jpg