Rover 75 Diesel

oldcars

The sills on mine are still solid thankfully although there are a few rust stains around the jacking points. Thankfully there is a big chunky inner brace behind so the sill is not relied upon to support the weight of the car.

Yes, there is a brace above the jacking point. This must be why the ramp did'nt go through it the other day.

For god sake don’t Waxoyl it. Very likely to cause a fire when it’s welded, I’d tape over it. You could always set to work fashioning a plate from Zintec for the welder, then just before it gets welded cut it back to fit.

I had a Focus ages ago, the inner rear arches had rotted out, I made up some plates from zintec to fit, ground it back to clean metal and it was ready to weld once it had a quick go over with the flap disc. Saved me on labour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Share them if you can!

They are on his camera need to try and get them. One was really bad, the other had only slight bubbling but the inside was  :shock:. Just shows when the outside is bubbling the inside is well gone.

Can't wait to get it back and go all two bucket on it. Its hanging with filler dust from the unit. Shame it's baltic for the next few days.