Rover 75 Diesel

oldcars

• 2 weeks later...

Tyre fixed and new exhaust on now so all good.

Couple of things. The rear chrome trim on the back quarter has started to lift. I looked inside and its held on with a nut but this seems tight but the trim is lose. Any ideas? Also the freshly painted front bumper is a mess already with stone chips. Wonder why, never had it so bad on any other cars i have had.

I've got some loose chrome too. It sounds like the clip has been broken on yours and someone's done a bit of a bodge. Replacement clips are available from rimming brothers I think.

Mines had paint on the front bumper too and it is a mess in one corner - I intend to have both bumpers painted properly at some point.

Sent from my B1-830 using Tapatalk

I've got some loose chrome too. It sounds like the clip has been broken on yours and someone's done a bit of a bodge. Replacement clips are available from rimming brothers I think.

Mines had paint on the front bumper too and it is a mess in one corner - I intend to have both bumpers painted properly at some point.

Sent from my B1-830 using Tapatalk

Cheers i think so too as its had a full repaint. Its at the very back, think this one has a nut on it but i guess this could have come away from the trim. Only noticed this morning when defrosting it so will get a good look tonight.

I've had a few Insignias come through work with one side of the front bumper absolutely peppered with chips and one with just a few. It's often down to the quality of the paint job and suggests a cheap smart-repair on the affected side.

Mine is just one side too. Its just had a full repaint, the whole car so maybe an issue with the bumper.

I have never had a good example of a car before and really want this 75 to be nice. Mechanically its spot on now so getting the cosmetic stuff done now. Had a read on the 75 forum last night. It seems that the rear most trim clip is bonded to the coachline. This bonding seems to have failed so will need glued back on with something strong. Weekend job i think.

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing much to report. Still needs machine polished which it will get done soon, and the wheels refurb'd. The outside temp gauge seems very optimistic, i wonder if it give the outside temp and Longbridge as there was no way it was 15 here yesterday. 

• 2 months later...

The 75 has been working away fine. Boot has leaked and i cant get to the bottom of it. Need to now as it blew the relay for the towbar and i had to pay ££ to get it replaced. Noticed a foam/plastic washer missing from the end of the chrome quarter panel trim so made one up and that seems to have stopped some water. It pools on the right hand side just in the corner and seems* to be coming from around the hinge area for the boot. Any ideas?

Also does anyone have the chrome quarter panel trim for the passenger side? Mine need replaced its broken off at the last screw bit.

On mine I found it leaked through the back of the trim clips for the chrome strips. I also leaked through the back lights, where the side vents fit in behind the bumper sides and finally where the boot hinges bolted to the body. I stripped all the trim out, tipped the rear seat forward and spent a happy half hour in the boot with a torch with a hose pipe gaffer taped to the rear window! After that it never leaked again, although shares in sealant went through the roof.

Had a good look last night, hose out and its the hinges 100%. Then the water runs down and drips down. Will get it fixed asap, cheers for the info. Mine has had loads of leaks too from under the window, fixed that, lights seals fixed that and now the hinges to fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Wheels are back from being powdercoated and very smart they are too. When i bought the Rover last year a few weeks after i bought better centre caps for the wheels as the ones on the car were a mess. Went to fit them the other night and there too small  :mad:. Seem's these are very hard to get now. Managed to carefully pop out the better badges from the new caps, sand down and expertly match the paint*, glue the new badges in and there we go. Happy with the result. I even painted my nuts :mrgreen:  

Polished up the replacement rear quarter panel trim. Dig out the spare clips i had just in case and removed the old trim very very carefully. Still broke all the clips. Never mind i have spares. Shit the spares are the wrong type. Now i need to get new ones at ££ and need to remove the old ones without scratching the paint. Verdict - wish i had'nt bothered. Taped up the holes as the boot needs no help in filling with water.

Second had trim now fitted with gold plated trim clips from Rimmers. Chipped the paint a we bit so had to touch that up which annoyed me.

Popped to my mates to try and sort the never ending boot leak. Took ages on it and sealed up the area around the hinges bit this morning after our non stop "summer" its full of water, worse i would say. Getting hacked off with this leak now, its on the right has side next to all the caravan electrics and these have already been replaced once at a cost of ££. All the leak areas are now sealed and its still the same. Any ideas other than a raffle?

This is probably crap but. Could you fold back seat down , remove carpet from boot. Put some talcum powder round edges and then get someone to pour water over boot while you play spot the leak with a torch from the back seat. Mine leaked from the rear window surround bottom edge. Re sealed with roof and gutter sealant and all is well.

This is probably crap but. Could you fold back seat down , remove carpet from boot. Put some talcum powder round edges and then get someone to pour water over boot while you play spot the leak with a torch from the back seat. Mine leaked from the rear window surround bottom edge. Re sealed with roof and gutter sealant and all is well.

Like this idea, fingers crossed it stops raining at the weekend and i can try and sort this out.

• 3 weeks later...

Brake pad wear light came up on the dash last night. It has had front and rear pads recently and the rear sensor was replaced just under a week ago. Looks like there are only 2 sensors on the drivers side front and back wheel. Is there a way to see which one is faulty?