Shiteseeing Update - thread resurrection 2020!

CortinaDave

Cheers! I had it down in blackpool at the weekend for the Ford show on the front. its my daily at the mo as the Cortina is broken and the Probe's out of MOT.

Got a set of side stripes for it from the capri club which the missus has made a nice job of applying i think and tidied up the door bottoms with a halfords aerosol... on the down side its started to whine a bit in fifth gear... tried topping up the fluid but no joy. hopefully it will whine for a while before it goes pop.

Posted Image

Cheers, probably one of those, it looks indeed slightly less angular than the A111.

Posted Image

Fantastic pic! Hard cornering on crossplys while smoking some Rough Shag in your pipe must surely be outlawed by the Health & Safety Nazis these days.

Capri looks good, Dave!

• 2 months later...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Imagine my surprise to visit a garage and find this...

Posted Image

which a year ago belonged to me and looked like this:

Posted Image

Future is uncertain apparently. it needs a fair bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mk4 i sold a month ago heads for its new home.. fittingly aboard a pikey truck

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hearing aid beige... check. Obscure old citroen... check Boarded up window.... check

Posted Image

Slightly alarming that a car that looked as tidy as your ex 'Tina did can actually be so far gone that it's in danger of being too far gone! :shock: And what's the future got in store for the one which left you on the truck? Not too promissing, I'm guessing?

Black one wasnt as good as it looked... I got it from a cortina forum member who'd been given it for free after it had been in a barn for years.He said he'd done a full "resto" on it and put it up for sale... asn the bloke was a regular forum member and held in quite high regard on the board i bought it sight unseen.Drove 200 odd miles to get it and picked it up late at night... made about ten miles before the engine went bang and it came home courtesy of the AA.He hadnt even changed the oil, just given it a blow over and a highly suspect MOT... oh well lesson learned.A shame too as it had a full history with one owner before he got it and rare factory special order black with no vinyl roofBlue one has a good future.. the guy was a cortina fan and bought some spares off me as well... says he is going to use it as a daily after a bit of work.

First Pic of the marina was in hamilton i think, but it was a year or so ago... the second one was coming out of the Kingsway East retail Park in Dundee.. yesterday lunchtime!Those Rapiers are stunning looking cars... that one was actually spied by my missus while she was working in London who sent me it as a picture message with "is this shite?" above it :lol:

Hope you named and shamed the Forum member that sold you the dud Cortina.I dont know how you manage to spot all these crackers, they are all so near me and I've never seen them!

he dropped a load of unsubtle hints................but the twat is a thick skinned C**t, most of the Cortina world thinks he is a god, we know better, never met anyone that was happy with what they have bought of him...............I ended up putting replacment engine in it, sorting most of the suspension out, then it decided to chuck the gearbox out the pram.................feckin ungratefull motor :lol:

• 5 months later...