Shiteseeing Update - thread resurrection 2020!

CortinaDave

Having the "high" numberplate was quite common on Cav's & Chevette's bac in the day, usually teamed with a tow-bar. Ritmo, being indiginous to my part of the world do you not recall this? Or are you as I suspect too young?

Why would it have to happen in Herts / Beds? Or is it more likely cos they would have rolled off the line at Luton?
Exactly. There was alot more "brand loyalty" round these parts in those days, and alot more people employed by Vauxhall getting cheap cars on company schemes.

• 2 months later...

Just back from a week on Rhodes, bit disappointing shite wise compared to the other greek islands I've visited... Kos and Zakynthos were literally crawling with shite when I visited, but Rhodes has far less, it is still there, but you have to look for it as oposed to falling over it everywhere.

Mk1 Granada GXL.. a tasty bit of kit, looked solid but abandoned.

Posted Image

American Shite

Posted Image

Posted Image

Toyota.. is this a Crown? I'm not very good with jap shite

Posted Image

another Toyota...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saw two of these on the island, this one had a large slavering dog attached to it on a rope most of the time, but it was such a top notch spot I kept checking till I found it dog - less and got a quick pic :lol: First saw this as I arrived at the resort at 6am, knackered after a night flight and a 1 1/2 hour bus transfer... Decrepit Polonez still raised a smile though

Posted Image

Loads of these, mostly ex hire cars i would have thought

Posted Image

Even in the greek climate, still it rusts away :lol:

Posted Image

Mk2 Cav apparently dumped in the centre of Lindos

Posted Image

With this opposite

Posted Image

Finally, a few quick UK spots....

mk2 cortina 1600E been lying in this yard for years, apparently rock solid too.

Posted Image

Not moved for years, tucked away on a side street in Glenrothes so escaping the attention of the council is this..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally, Renault 5 in Dumfries

Posted Image

Was gutted to miss a couple of top spots in Greece that passed going the other way including a completely kaput early avenger, a charmant and a 120Y with a bodykit

Love the early Renner 5ive! 8) MG seems to have been gone from these shores for a while....The enquiry is complete The vehicle details for RPV 99W are: Date of Liability 01 12 2002 Date of First Registration 01 04 1981 Year of Manufacture 1981 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1798CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Petrol Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour YELLOW Vehicle Type Approval null The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry. Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £99.00 12 Months Rate £180.00

Looks like the ..... er ....... Rhodesians? have a similar attitude to their cars as the Cretans. Excellent stuff. The MGB had a LONG drive to end up there- bet that was an adventure! And the Renner 5 "convertable" has to be the most hilarious spot yet seen on Autoshite! :lol:

Posted Image

Forget the greek cack that Alpine is awesome! Just a thought but perhaps it was reported stolen yonks ago, the insurance company paid out as it wasn't recovered within 28 days then told DVLA to de-register it from their system. Either that or it's not carrying the true registration mark, I must confess to parking an old Fiesta outside my flat a while back with "false plates" on it for shits and giggles.

MyRAC brings it up instantly as a Talbot Alpine GLS.. so i find it very strange its "not found" on DVLA. I see no reason why that would be the case as even cars ive registered scrapped still show up.Its been there at least 6 years, possibly ten.. no one seems to know who's it is. Kind of makes it look like it may have been nicked!Wouldnt it be great if it had been and I reported it and the last keeper got a calll "we've found your Talbot Alpine...." :lol:

UK refugee MGB

Posted Image

What the hell is this? cresta?

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's an identical one of those yellow MGB's also W reg near me that's been for sale for a while. I can get the details if anyone's interested.

I'm none too hot on 60s / early 70s Vauxhalls that aren't Vivas, but as no-one has corrected you I would suggest it must indeed be a Cresta....