Shiteseeing Update - thread resurrection 2020!

CortinaDave

LOLZ, look at that!

Posted Image

I reckon i would get an almost erotic sensation from punching a damn great hole in that wing with my bare fist right there in the car park. I would do it in the name of AUTOSHITE, an underground movement where people relieve the tensions of their crushingly pointless existence by publicly (and violently) exposing chronic structural rot on parked cars at night, a little bit like 'fight club'. The first rule of Autoshite is: 'You must wait many months for your application to be processed' etc.

Looks to me like an engine donor for a metro anyway.

Couldnt resist sticking this one up.. especially for Hirst... finally found out where the Charmant I got a crap pic of before lives and got a decent shot of it yesterday

Posted Image

Its pretty tidy, although the paint is quite flat which suggests its not particularly loved. Funnily enough the "57" metro is in the same street... shame not beside the charmant which would have been a shite-tastic pic.

• 1 year later...

Not done any spots for er... two years so here's a couple taken on my trip to Upullit yesterday. not much in of Interest apart from the egg roll and the Minor, which has been there for months now. It was a wastage scheme victim... and is near enough pristine :x:x

Prices have shot up at upull - I bought a 14 inch ford rim and tyre to replace my dodgy spare and got hit for £25... could have just gone and put a brand new tyre on the old rim for £30 odd.

Noticed the prices to buy the rights to strip a car have rocketed as well... most at least £400 even for 12 year old lowly spec heaps- which is too rich to be worthwhile IMO. Shame - it was great while it lasted.

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

in the car park outside...

IMG_0188.jpg

Have you ever seen that Black mk4 2.3v6 Ghia I bought off you anywhere Dave?

I sold it to a guy over in fife about 3-4 years ago with a load of new panels but haven't seen or heard of it since.

They guy's on buysellcortina but there's never any mention of it.

Aye he still has it. Its more or less fully restored now, he's spent a fortune on it and just needs to actually bolt it back together. I feel guilty for selling you it now, having seen it in bits.. it was completely rotten ! looked alright too. I dont think it could have lived on much longer as it was.

It's worse then I thought it was as well then.

I had a complete new Ford Front end for it including bumpers, wings, front panel and bonnet I gave him to him for hardly anything as I thought it might need it.

I enjoyed having it. I sold it for £500 or something then got a bargain xr4i from ebay so I didn't really lose anything.

It did look good from 20 feet away or so.

retrorides_051b6212-2a39-4f4d-9524-3688c2a1746c_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Okay.. smallish update time.. been meaning to grab a pic of this Alfa 6 for ages.. its been lying in a garden in Kirkcaldy and hasnt moved in over a year.. a bleak future I presume. It's reasonably tidy too.

IMG_0303.jpg

Another trip to Upullit last week to get a cd player for the primera... not a huge amount of interest in... this was a shame though, in the new arrivals section you're not supposed to go in... 33k and utterly immaculate

IMG_0301.jpg

er...apart from this bit

IMG_0302.jpg

Sunny Coupe which has "sell" chalked in the window so may go into the section where they flog on some of the scrappers as complete runners rather than part them out

IMG_0300.jpg

This is for sale complete - its really quite shit though and they want £750

IMG_0299.jpg

Nice Ventora Near Aberdeen... Sitting just off shot was my old Capri !! Was pleased to see it still looking decent but the pic I took came out blurry. Always strange to stumble on one of your old motors

IMG_0297.jpg

Both these grannies are at a garage near Cullin.. I fear the track awaits... Interior in the white one was mint

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

Also nearby...

IMG_0291.jpg

In Dundee

IMG_0282.jpg

and my mate has just bought this.. I love it

IMG_0267.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'm just back from a week on the shiteseeing mecca of Malta- Sadly because my phone was stolen a couple of days before I left I had to rely on borrowing the missus' camera any time I wanted to snap some shite, so some fantastic spots were missed.

There's actually so much tat there that after a couple of days when the umpteenth Yugo or Marina has passed you actually stop even noticing them.

100_1419.jpg

100_1301.jpg

100_1306.jpg

100_1366-Copy.jpg

100_1300.jpg

100_1352.jpg

100_1305.jpg

100_1304.jpg

100_1349.jpg

100_1299.jpg

100_1348.jpg

100_1347.jpg