Ford Granada Ghia for sale £350

HMC

Sum picktures of the ex-Jimmy White* Granola that is now in my ownership, and very nice it is too.

Outside The Chinese Garage in Beckenham. It's never been a Ford dealership, and is now a Kia one, but makes a nice enough background.

post-5013-0-95269400-1436305038_thumb.jpg

The other one in this pic faar awaaay is local and used to be mint, until some scrotes wrecked the bonnet and scratched it down the off-side.

post-5013-0-91930500-1436305194_thumb.jpg

The rear legroom in this is massive, almost of LWB jag proportions

post-5013-0-36443200-1436305301_thumb.jpg

As it looks like a BADASS MO FO I'm getting a bit more respect from other motorists. As an example, pulling in to my estate earlier, which is at a cross roads, a bloke pulled in front of me to push his way past (which is the norm here) so as usual I put my hand up to gesture 'after you old chap' but he then rammed it in reverse and went 10 yards backwards! Weird.

It's not the quickest thing off the mark being the 2 litre, but the clutch and steering are light which makes for an easy drive, and the driving position is similar to a Volvo 740 in that you sit quite close to the steering wheel and all the controls are easily to hand, so doesn't feel like a big car. But it is huuuge to look at. Tried the garage test and it didn't fit, but will if I clear some of the crap out.

post-5013-0-66181100-1436306779_thumb.jpg

*Not fact, but seems appropriate transport for a snooker ace.

Glad The big ford is treating you well. There's a definite touch of something about it, the colour combo and the alloys, it would look right at home outside a boxing club, or maybe Walthamstow dog track. I miss it already!

Hence the trying to fit it in my garage thing. We get rare spates of pikey behaviour around here but it does happen, so the disklok is on and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'll probably move it on after a few months as longer term plans involve more Rover chod, so if you fancy it Trig....

They are surprisingly roomy inside - my SD1 is claustraphobic in comparison.

Indeed they are Bren. The SD1 is a little like the Vulcan Bomber in the car world, huge car but a cramped cockpit with the large dash, big steering wheel and low roof line. And when the poxy roof lining sags it feels even more claustraphobic.

My mother in law inherited her late husbands granada - F reg 2.4 ghia auto in flint grey.

It covers a low annual mileage and lives in a garage, only recently has the body needed attention - some work to the sills to get it through an MOT. I like the pre facelift model with the grey bumpers.

For a ford I think they are surprisingly well put together and generally dont rust like some of ford's offerings that came later.