Cars wearing plates too new for them?

Hendry

How about the Mk2 MX5

I've seen these about on an 05 reg and my ex had one which she bought on a 2005 reg which although drove ok it was very basic and dated inside..

It still had a tape deck and no CD changer and was a 1.8 so I thought being a run out model it would of got a few toys as standard.post-9282-0-37034200-1435592591_thumb.jpg

proton_2003_wira_hatch_1.jpg

These things perplex me a little... So much so that I bought a 2005 (54) plated one. They looked old in the 90's... The lack of CD player or ABS certainly makes my friends look thrice when their similar aged cars have a hell of a lot more toys... Still, I love it. 

For example 11 plate Astra H sport hatches look wrong despite still being on sale at this point because the Astra J has been out since 59 plate,

I doubt I'd notice...

I do remember thinking when C15s were lined up outside dealers as new vehicles in the early 2000s, how bizarre. Seem to remember they were dirt-cheap, I wonder if they were built to sub-Russian standards?

IMG_0264.jpg

It still takes me by surprise when I see these. Until recently I thought they stopped making them about 10 years ago in Mexico (?) or wherever it was I'd made up inside my head, but I must have been confusing it with the old Beetle or something. Also didn't realise they'd been stuffing them with hopelessly shit diesel engines and water cooling and all sorts of failed modernisation attempts by our standards.

http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com/models/modeltype.aspx?modelID=1&modeltypeID=7

Nope, they're still importing those - the Beetle was properly killed a few years ago because the only real market for them (apart from idiots who can't let go of the past) was the Brazilian taxi market, and they invented a perfectly reasonable rule that all taxis must have rear passenger doors. 

The T2 lives on because enough people are willing to throw THIRTY FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS at Danbury for a camper that can sleep two skinny people in a 3/4 width bed, can't go up hills because it's got a 1.4 pez engine out of a Polo pushing two tonnes along, and is eclipsed in every way by a £1000 Renault Trafic. 

Hilariously, if you want alloys, a bit of chrome and an extra seat it's then £39,000. Air conditioning? Add four grand. Heater? Twelve hundred quid. Leather seats and door cards? Three large. £3500 for power steering, and £1600 for a roof-mounted TV/DVD. Those options alone have taken it to £52,000, slowed it right down because of the PAS and Air Con on that poor old engine that was born to power a little hatchback, and you're still sat on the wrong side of the flippin' thing unless you pay another thousand quid for a RHD conversion. Fully specced it's £70k, but that's fine because that includes a hammock for two more children so it sleeps 2 small adults and 2 kids. 

This is a phrase you see on the eBay thread a lot when someone has taken something awful, messed around with it and is asking a massive sum of money, but it's perfectly valid here. "Verdict: CHANCERS"

Screenshot 2015-06-30 at 16.12.37.png

http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com/models/modeltype.aspx?modelID=1&modeltypeID=7

Nope, they're still importing those - the Beetle was properly killed a few years ago because the only real market for them (apart from idiots who can't let go of the past) was the Brazilian taxi market, and they invented a perfectly reasonable rule that all taxis must have rear passenger doors. 

The T2 lives on because enough people are willing to throw THIRTY FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS at Danbury for a camper that can sleep two skinny people in a 3/4 width bed, can't go up hills because it's got a 1.4 pez engine out of a Polo pushing two tonnes along, and is eclipsed in every way by a £1000 Renault Trafic. 

Hilariously, if you want alloys, a bit of chrome and an extra seat it's then £39,000. Air conditioning? Add four grand. Heater? Twelve hundred quid. Leather seats and door cards? Three large. £3500 for power steering, and £1600 for a roof-mounted TV/DVD. Those options alone have taken it to £52,000, slowed it right down because of the PAS and Air Con on that poor old engine that was born to power a little hatchback, and you're still sat on the wrong side of the flippin' thing unless you pay another thousand quid for a RHD conversion. Fully specced it's £70k, but that's fine because that includes a hammock for two more children so it sleeps 2 small adults and 2 kids. 

This is a phrase you see on the eBay thread a lot when someone has taken something awful, messed around with it and is asking a massive sum of money, but it's perfectly valid here. "Verdict: CHANCERS"

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-06-30 at 16.12.37.png

... And although it is converted to R.H.D., because it IS a conversion and not a genuine R.H.D. the side door STILL opens onto traffic when you're stopped! I've heard of over-heating problems with them, too, as the radiator is mounted on the front as an add-on & the pipework's not all that (shades of the late Estelle's problems, unless properly bled) and, as already said, the motor's over-stretched for what's being asked of it.

... And although it is converted to R.H.D., because it IS a conversion and not a genuine R.H.D. the side door STILL opens onto traffic when you're stopped! I've heard of over-heating problems with them, too, as the radiator is mounted on the front as an add-on & the pipework's not all that (shades of the late Estelle's problems, unless properly bled) and, as already said, the motor's over-stretched for what's being asked of it.

All the prices are laughable and half-arsed, you could do a RHD dash swap for about £250 all in. Given that they paint them to order anyway, I'd expect a RHD sliding door to be fitted for a grand - a days work and a couple of panels. £1600 for a roof-mounted TV, they're knocking them out on eBay for £90-odd. In fact there's two TVs, one has an aerial booster and one doesn't - £500 difference.

They've got their target market, that's for sure. Rich morons.