Primrose R75...... The End, for now...

EssDeeWon

I don't get this thing with number plates not matching tbh. I personally wouldn't care less. I suppose on a nice looking car it might finish off the look but it doesn't sound very autoshite to me. Before I get roasted it's just my opinion, each to their own!

I'm with you on that. Is anyone really going to notice, unless they've got two pictures side by side as above?

The yellow is growing on me. It's the same shade as a Ronnie Corbett golfing jumper.

• 2 months later...

Update 26/11/2015*

Last Friday the 75 was finally treated to new belts / Waterpump / tensioner / thermostat and housing / new OAT coolant and Oil change.

The belts that came off were original, the garage said they were a little dry and slightly cracked. The 75 also needed a new thermostat as it has been stuck open since I've had it.  I am now £650 lighter but the KV6 now purrs, its so quiet and smooth it sometimes tricks me into thinking its stalled. Big shout out to the British Legends Garage, I dropped it off 9.00am Friday and it was ready by 18.30 that night. They loaned me a little MG-ZR in Trophy blue for the day.

So whats next for the Cowley Custard?

- Get the electric seats and sunroof working

- Replace broken N/S door mirror (held together by duck tape AS style)

- Some of the breather hoses look quite old, so I can probably replace them myself.

To top it off I was reminded my insurance runs out this weekend so I had to find another £310 for a year with Peter Best, all in thats just under £1000 spent this month. Beans on toast for dinner every day now until Christmas  :?

Go 2.5 KV6 mate, honest they are lovely and more hardy than people give them credit for.

Unless your doing lots of miles then the diesel would make sense.

Didn't see this reply originally. Soz!

As I've had straight and V sixes, I think I'd naturally go for the 2.5 V6, they sound glorious, even the 2.0 V6 sound glorious, but I'd like a bit more power than what a 2.0 coukd deliver. Plus it must be a high-spec Connoisseur.

I will get one.

• 3 months later...

This old yellow bus has been brilliant so there is no real update. But I will tell you a story which has come to fruition this week.

I have only ever seen one other primrose connie on the road, way back in about 2002/2003 I used to see a primrose connie in the mornings when I was going to work in Holborn, Lincoln's Inn Fields (Breadvan territory), anyway seeing this 75 used to cause the usual morning lob ons and sometimes worse, it just looked effin brilliant coming down Kingsway and doing a left into Lincoln's Inn Fields, thats the only other one I have seen, 13/14 years ago.

Fastforward......

When I bought the 75 last summer I contacted the previous' previous' owner, a Professor in London with several names so it was easy to track him down. I chatted to him about the car and he confirmed the belts had not been done, which was my main reason for contacting him. He mentioned that he bought the car off some friends, ah ok and that was that. Well this week I decided to contact the Professor and ask where his friends worked, Just on the off chance.......

Today after a few emails I received this-

Dear All,

The primrose Rover 75 did indeed belong to us and we sold it to Malcolm Weller who is a friend.

We bought it when it was about 18 months old from Palmesville Garage in Muswell Hill which at that time was an appointed Rover dealer and Rover was made by BMW.  How times have changed.

There were only 2 primrose yellow Rover 75s in Britain and the other was in the North of England (I was told).  The car used to be parked regularly in Lincoln's Inn where I had a parking space as I am a barrister and I was a member of that Inn and my chambers were there and later in Gray's Inn.

I'm glad it is still running.  It was always reliable and luxurious but unfortunately the electric sunroof wouldn't open and the air con stopped too and there was nobody who could fix them.  Malcolm W said he didn't mind about the sunroof and he could get the air con fixed by his garage...

Good luck with it

Its Only the one I used to see all those years ago when it was almost new!!!!!! Now I own it  8)

Who cares if the two Primrose story is true. The rest of it is utterly ace :)

Lifetime keeper now mate, oh yes. 

Absolutely! I expect they were told there are only 2 available in that colour for sale rather than 'there are only two in existence'

A nice touch that its been owned by a Barrister and a Professor, I imagine facts like this would send 'The Doctor' into a 10 paragraph frenzy !!!