Primrose R75...... The End, for now...

EssDeeWon

I'm not a fan of yellow cars, but I have to say, this one looks positively lush.  There was a much more lairy yellow available on the ZT version which I remember a colleague scoring as a rental when I was working in the care sector.  Seems to me the MGs had a very primary pallette, whereas the giffer-Rovers came in rather more subtle shades. 

I bet you never thought you'd see anyone call this colour subtle!

Been Primrose bothering today, a quick wash and some polish. Still need to order some new bullet mirrors to finish off the cosmetics, then start valeting the interior next week.

18987618034_93c3c2f976_c.jpgPrimrose 75 004 by steve wilson, on Flickr

19422192780_27edb88649_c.jpgPrimrose 75 005 by steve wilson, on Flickr

19423561579_23b15f3126_c.jpgPrimrose 75 007 by steve wilson, on Flickr

19583956256_bdb0f50714_c.jpgPrimrose 75 008 by steve wilson, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

In between my travels I have managed to start tacking the long'ish list of jobs.

1. Drivers Bullet Mirror fixed

2. Petrol flap lock fixed

3. New NSF ball joint

4. New Wiper blades

5. Plenum chambers cleared

6. Tyre's tomorrow

7. Booked in for a service on Friday

Whats left...

An MOT, possible new cooling fan, fuses for the electric seats, new back box, coolant flush/renew

• 2 weeks later...

Update*

I completed a 150 mile round trip in the car yesterday, pleased to say all went well and the car behaved impeccably well on a very hot day in Essex.

It has now been serviced, had a new NSF tyre, and been for an MOT. It requires new rear brake pads and the brake pipes are corroded, so its going back for the necessary work and a re-test on Friday. Tomorrow its going into British Legends for a new Engine mount, which I really hope cures the knocking noise I keep hearing from the front.

I paid £400 for the car and I guess almost as much on servicing and repairs, but come Friday afternoon it should all be done  :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

Had the other drop link replaced on Friday, no more knock knock knock knock knock from the front end.

Worked out its cost somewhere in the region of £550 to get this up to scratch and through the MOT, plus the £400 buyage fee so thats a primrose connie with a years MOT for under a bag!  8) Very happy, its a real joy to drive now.

Sweet! Been having pangs of want for 75s recently. There seems quite a few around here. Seen a 51-plate diesel for sale recently in Cradley Heath for £495. Light with Blue leather. Nice car, wouldn't have minded myself if the 800s were too much to get back on the road.

Go 2.5 KV6 mate, honest they are lovely and more hardy than people give them credit for.

Unless your doing lots of miles then the diesel would make sense.