Primrose R75...... The End, for now...

EssDeeWon

That yellow is simply stunning.

Owner sounds like a complete plank however. If he needs to 'ask his Son' then you know it's a waste of time.

There's nothing worse than a ditherer. Does he want to sell? Yes. Is he happy with the price? Yes. So why's he need a vote?

At the end of the day it's a £500 Rover. You just know that's its now going to sit there until he's paying someone to drag it away. Once sentiments or rarity get involved with a deal you've blown it, it colours your judgement, the seller starts getting ideas way above its value.

My dad had this problem, someone he knew had a car for sale, done only 47k, unmarked bodywork, he'd inherited it and there is the problem. Father Sierra asked what he ought to offer in it - it was a T reg Mondeo. I said £6-700 given its in good condition- and it was a minter. Owner came back wanting £1500 for it. No way.

Anyway week or two later found same model for sale locally gave £550 for it with 56k on the clock. The guy knew it was a decent car but he wasn't letting all the 'my late father owned this car from new bull shit' get in the way of what it was worth.

I'd leave it, I've no doubt he'll be on the blower in 3 weeks grateful for scrap money on it.

This guy does sound like a bit of a bell end. If it were me I'd get more pleasure now out of messing him around in return.

Tell him the offer stands, wait for him to come grovelling back in a few weeks cos he can't sell it for what he wants then when he does say I'll take your £500 say you've changed your mind, or found a better car for less money!

I really don't get what some people think they have. It's an old car with no test. It's not a Ferrari or anything remotely like that. For 99% of buyers it's a cheap car that would be used until it breaks or runs out of MOT then it'll be scrapped.

If someone came along that wanted to keep it and repair it I'd be only too happy to let them have it for what you've offered.

Bollocks to him. If all us shiters look out for one,i am sure we could find one for less anyway. I will be looking

^^You kind Sir  :-P

There will of course be a 'drink' for anyone who can find me a nice one. AFAIK there are about 40 genuine primrose cars left in the UK.

This is the problem, (I did tell him last week that I am going to run out of time if he leaves it until after the weekend) im about to go off to Portugal for work, then back for 1 week later in the month then back to Lisbon again. 

I asked why his son is now allowing it to go for a measly £500 when its potentially worth so much. Apparently he talked his son round. hmmmm

Other issue was I was hoping to get £400 for mine but seeing as no one is biting at RobT's £300 car I cant see me shifting my blue one, and I would need to.

Fucksticks.

I reckon leave it until you get back, and if he still has it by then offer the £300 others have said.  If he dicks about this much then i can't see him being the sort to act quickly, so will still be here in a few weeks.

Use mine as an example to him as to how worthless they really are!

I did make it clear last week that I am working away in July, I know this isn't his problem but him saying yes two weeks ago would have made it so much easier....

Having said that I banked on shifting my connie at £400, I now doubt I'd get £40 after the non response of your nice V6 Rob.

Now I feel like the fuggin timewaster!!  :-(

Could you spin the old "cash machine will only let me get £300 now" plus £100 you have lying around?! If he'd do 4 tonight you'd be a mug not to. I've negotiated many a discount this way on shite.

Worth showing your blue one on here so we can show other mates/enthusiasts/anoraks and self abusers.

Yours is easily worth £400 as it's a nice one in a higher spec than mine. I imagine a big issue that is putting potential shiteist buyers off mine is the insurance. Classic insurance would be peanuts obviously, but they don't qualify. Even if I raffle it the winner, or rather Andy cms, will have to stump up for that side of things. That's why I tend not to enter the raffles for sub-20 year old chod, I'm too much of a tight bastard to lob out for the premiums!

Other issue was I was hoping to get £400 for mine but seeing as no one is biting at RobT's £300 car I cant see me shifting my blue one, and I would need to.

Fucksticks.

Thats just on one forum - tart it about, use Mongtree and Twuntbay or Autowally and Im sure it will go.

Yo Es, I've potentially got a Rover 75 shaped space in my lock up in Worcester. I'd happily store it for until you get back if you really want it. Alternatively I could sort out a garage in Telford, they seem to have garages needing that need filling.

I know its a long way from you but then it does give you some breathing space whilst your out of the country.

This is how I feel....

Trusty low mileage blue 75 is like a trusty loving bird who never lets you down, you get on well and genuinely see a future for you both

Slighty tatty primrose car is like a really gorgeous bird met on a night out, you know its gonna be enormous fun and probably mind blowing even the morning after but the long term is going to be aggravation, and before long you'll be texting the trusty ex to see if she might be interested in giving it another go.

Guest Breadvan72

Knowers of Roverchod, pliz tell FACTs about Rover 75 2.5 V6 pezzers, preferably post facelift, very late ones eg 2005.  Worth a go?  Cheeerze.