Panda Rescue with added twist -

stephen01

It needs saving simply because it isn't a grey BMW!  Anyone who had the temerity to order a new car in an actual colour deserves to see it live on.

My father bought a new Polo in bright red in 2009, partly because his old Golf 3 was a similar colour and partly because he hates cars in drab, anonymous colours. He really likes the fact that both of my cars are red :)

They're total wank. I must have had the only two bad ones ever made, the 09 one broke down literally EVERY SINGLE DAY. It nearly broke me and I lost thousands on it. Took it in to 5 or 6 garages and no one could fix it. I should have got rid of the POS straight away but kept persevering, thinking it's only a FIRE, what can it be? They're stone age. Run away, far away. The 1.1 is slow as shite too.

The electrics went through self destruction every week something extra fucked up.

Despite what I said above,I loved driving 'em, the 05 Dynamic I had in red with roof bars was my fave of the two. I drove a euro 5 spec 1.1 and it's the only thing I've driven that I'd describe as dangerously slow. The accelerator wasn't even a volume control, it just did nowt. The earlier euro 4 spec might not be so bad, though the 1.2 is out of breath over 40 mph - they just don't rev.

I have the stupid model which should be avoided. (100HP) 3 days of ownership and the keyfob/immobiliser went and left me stranded at about a £300 cost.

Climate control has packed in and it's a £1200 part... plus fitting and VAT. (Around a 10 hour job as the dash and doors have to come off) At the minute if I want cold air, I set the fan speed low, if I want hot I set the speed to full. (Temp gauge does nothing)

Having said that, I want them all...

fiat-panda-classic-2012-le-foto.jpg

They are delightful.

I have the stupid model which should be avoided. (100HP) 3 days of ownership and the keyfob/immobiliser went and left me stranded at about a £300 cost.

Climate control has packed in and it's a £1200 part... plus fitting and VAT. (Around a 10 hour job as the dash and doors have to come off) At the minute if I want cold air, I set the fan speed low, if I want hot I set the speed to full. (Temp gauge does nothing)

Having said that, I want them all...

fiat-panda-classic-2012-le-foto.jpg

They are delightful.

Let me get this right, the doors have to come off to fix the climate control? That can't be right can it.