Le Mans - A place where you can see heroes weep

Junkman

Download and install ace player: http://dl.acestream.org/products/acestream-full/win/latest

Open it.

Copy one of the codes I posted below.

Type ctrl+T on aceplayer, paste the code and hit enter.

To change the language: top menu, audio, audio track, English.

Eurosport 1 SD: 2474d5fcc73ccd0a8cfa4b5682a009bf32f7516a
Eurosport 1 Full HD: 94638cfab826725d2efc93bd9bea11d7ed7416d7
Eurosport 2 SD: f63ecfc4c5e2c13f6822c12769198be66de5e961
Eurosport 2 Full HD: 85c0ad46a001961e4ff6363f216e9a48c2ead021
HD in Spanish: bddfb1eaf75dd874be0d752ab5798b5322692e55

Youtube Alternative 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrM65PWsuAI

Youtube Alternative 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avRrTAKu6TU

The rule enforcement is a farce.

LMP2 car gets white/black flag for one taillight out, leading Toyopet is driving on without side marker lights.

Currently only a Toyota and a Porsche are in the leading lap, ca. 30s apart after over 8 hours of racing.

Aston still leading Pro, Corvettes rather unlucky this year.

Leading Am is the JWM Ferrari in position 35.

A bit disappointing is the Chip Ganassi/Ford GT effort.

I just read that the Corvette had a strange brake problem that caught the driver out on that last lap which is why he locked up and went through the gravel. He said that apart from the slow puncture the other front tyre had a flat spot which made the car not go where he wanted it to. Shame really as I think he could have held on for the win. Funny that the Corvette still has a  pushrod V8 while the opposition has multiple cams, turbos etc yet can still beat them. And it makes the best noise!

I just read that the Corvette had a strange brake problem that caught the driver out on that last lap which is why he locked up and went through the gravel. He said that apart from the slow puncture the other front tyre had a flat spot which made the car not go where he wanted it to. Shame really as I think he could have held on for the win. Funny that the Corvette still has a  pushrod V8 while the opposition has multiple cams, turbos etc yet can still beat them. And it makes the best noise!

Just a word in defense of the others. GTE is a balance of performance formula, the ACO gives each team different rules to follow based around a basic common rules set, so that the cars are of equal speed. In reality if the teams were all following the same original rule book, the Ford GT would not be allowed to race as they have not built enough road cars and of the others the Ferrari 488 would vanish up the road to only be in competition with itself.

I went but left before this thread was dug back up. It was a hot one which probably accounted for the amount of retirements. It was a cracking race though but the crowds were well down this year. I was surprised how few people were about after the first 2 hours, I expect it was the heat kept everyone away. I will soon start planning next years trip as they have announced the dates already. I didn't really bother with many pics as the camera I took was shite, there was some shocking driving from one of the LMP2 cars though he spun it at the start of the pit straight then went forwards and into the pit. How he didn't get black flagged I will never know. He didn't last much longer though as he messed up and took out on of the GT Porsche's

post-5515-0-45926400-1497990984_thumb.jpg

I had 3 years at Beausejour which was enough for me. I am not a fan of walking and it is just too far away. The last 3 years we have been been next door to Houx and it was perfect this year a nice big pitch, but we did get there on the Sunday before so had our pick of the pitches.

It was a cracking race though but the crowds were well down this year.

Radio Le Mans commented on this.

They said on the other hand the number of private jets and helicopers multiplied.

It didn't turn into a fully fledged discussion about the exploding social inequality,

but the hint was clearly there.

we take down cycles, equipped with lock and lights makes getting around easy, cycle through to the back of the pitlane, lock the bikes up walk round to Tetre Rouge, wobble back etc and repeat. Easy to cycle from BJ round to arnage corner also or into the arnage village for girly bar etc etc

re brit donkeys on Stupid Sunday in Beausejour one lad (though I think he may have been danish) managed to roll his ford ranger pickup near us trying to do donuts. twat! Very very easy to avoid trouble at le mans. Anyone see the cars, and caravan that burned up because owner parked red hot cats on dry grass. big old fire! nosey buggers in our group went to "av a look". Me? couldnt be arsed.

M5 Bimmer nearly met the same fate after picking up dry cut grass during donut shenanigans. soon calmed down when Les Pompiers et beaucoup des securite rocked up.  

we take down cycles, equipped with lock and lights makes getting around easy, cycle through to the back of the pitlane, lock the bikes up walk round to Tetre Rouge, wobble back etc and repeat. Easy to cycle from BJ round to arnage corner also or into the arnage village for girly bar etc etc

That was my experience, camping at BJ with a bike to get around. Arnage after midnight has a great atmosphere and the Corvettes are ear hurtingly loud if you are against the fence at the exit of Indianapolis. 

Lots of people cycling after dark with no lights though. Then they tailgate you so that you have no visible rear light for the cars to spot, arses, needed a bit of speed to lose them.

Given that you can get bike LEDs from poundland I give up on some people's ability at basic prep.

I didn't go this year as there were only 2 LMP1 works teams, I suspect that a 3rd or even 4th manufacturer would up the crowds quickly.