Fast Swedish-Scottish Shite For Sale-non Volvo

fotorabia

Me old mate Andy has swapped Saabs..so the old ones gotta go.

2.0.High Pressure Turbo.1995, P reg, 150k miles, works well, new tires 11 months mot, most things work, very comfortable and very fast.

£250. PM yer contact details and Ill pass them onto Andy.

Located in Edinburgh.

IMG_4840_zps301053e4.jpg

IMG_4846_zps19182192.jpg

Andys a top shiter..its a bit faded but hes taken great care of it.

So, this happened tonight. :)
No Epic Collection Thread because Glasgow to Edinburgh is probably less than some of you commute, but it did involve 50 minutes or so on one of these.

5QwUc03.jpg

It was dearer than the last time I went to Edinbugger on the train, the bastards must either have stuck the prices up in the last few weeks or they charge more at peak times. Cnuts.

My first sight of the rusty red beast was this, glimmering in what passes for summer evening sunshine up here at the moment.

S6OGAFm.jpg

It was honestly described by Fotorabia's pal Andy as 'scruffy' so I was prepared for the worst. In fact it's not as bad as I was expecting, a few scuffs and scrapes, a few wee rusty bits in unimportant places but it'll be easy enough to smarten up if desired. It IS nearly 20 years old and cost the same as a couple of budget tyres for a posh Mondeo so it's all good. :)

AAQVPiI.jpg
The worst of it's the bumpers, so it may be worth a few quid on a can of paint just to freshen them up a bit. Nice colour though. :)

Edinbugger is a great place to spot old shite, very like London and nothing at all like Glasgow, which is a shite wasteland. On the way from the station to the Saab we walked past this, which had a hand painted bonnet.

qSAfr6V.jpg

Andy had promised me a couple of spare wheels too, which we went to pick up. Alloys rather than steelies, and both with good tyres, to add to the 4 almost new tyres on it.
Took the opportunity to inspect the engine.

8cYTlGQ.jpg
Yup, it's got one, and very whooshy it is too. I never get tired of the smooth kick you get from a good petrol turbo, and the full-fat Saab is one of the best. It feels like someone's shoehorned a 3 litre 6 pot under the bonnet except the trip computer said 35.7mpg when I got home, and that included playing with a couple of BMWs on the M8.

s0jMkkz.jpg

The interior's complete and intact, just needs a good scrub up, which it'll get tomorrow at the local Kosovo car wash.

eThvv2e.jpg

Finally, no collection thread is complete without one...

5zct4od.jpg

A pleasant transaction, Andy's a good egg and seems to come from a family of Saab lovers and you can tell it's had money spent on it. May not be the prettiest car out there but by fuck it drives well. Nice smooth engine, no rattles or smoke after idling, no nasty suspension clunks (although the streets I drive along every day will soon change that, I'm sure) and the brakes are amazing. Did I mention it goes like a stabbed rat?
I'll clean it up a it tomorrow and see how it goes, but it's looking good so far. :)

Cool Ian..i like the shot of it parked outside Great King St...Andys parents are the oldest tenants on that street...which was also the same street my grandparents lived on...my 1st place of residence when we arrived from Aussie in 1972.Glad yer happy..there was no way we were trying to flog a lame wolf!

Cool Ian..i like the shot of it parked outside Great King St...Andys parents are the oldest tenants on that street...

It's a lovely part of town. Very 'Edinburgh' if you know what i mean.

That's a bit of all right for 250 quid. What ever happened to that poorly C5 did it get bridged?

Aye, frag feed. I just got so pissed off with it in the end.

So, as planned I spent the weekend fiddling and cleaning. I've figured out the annoying alarm and even managed to revive the spare remote fob.

It's got its fair share of scuffs, scrapes and rusty bits but I always think there's a certain charm to a battle scarred old bus like this. The interior was a bit of a challenge to tidy up with it being such a light shade of beige but it's looking a lot better now, though putting the floor mats through the washing machine possibly wasn't the best idea ever.....

Looks like this now.

7YjjPuF.jpg

QLF7GMu.jpg

7wTf2NT.jpg

7CLlerS.jpg

xuGT95P.jpg

EEoDQuw.jpg

6D4nF61.jpg

vAiLRUP.jpg