Low mileage elderly one lady owner Baleno now sold

Vince70

I've been asked by a friend of mine if I could sell her Suzuki Baleno hatchback as she has just bought a new shape mini and thought before I have to deal with scum-tree that I would offer it up to a nice genuine Autoshiter...

She's owned this car since new and it's never been thrashed and comes with every bill mot and tax disc and there's folders of paper with the car and it really does drive nice and has an mot round to next year and has only done 93000..

I have just driven it down the road to put on my drive and must say I'm quite smitten with it and if I didn't already have two cars I would snap this up and it's one of those cars that you could categorically say it will just go on and on with out an once of trouble and doesn't use a drop of oil or water...

The interior on the car still looks as good as new with no bolster wear etc and comes with all the handbooks and even the original stereo ( which she paid an extra £400 for in 1999 )

So now the bad points it has a graze/ dent down one door but I can't really get the pictures to show it up properly and a very light whine on the gearbox which has been like it for the last 6 years I've known the car and she was told by the garage its the clutch but I don't think so as it's got a really nice light biting point.

So it's time for some pictures of this beauty.post-9282-0-36357100-1432209376_thumb.jpgpost-9282-0-44396600-1432209422_thumb.jpgpost-9282-0-27628400-1432209503_thumb.jpgpost-9282-0-99234900-1432209550_thumb.jpgpost-9282-0-42280100-1432209608_thumb.jpg

post-9282-0-49820900-1432209681_thumb.jpgpost-9282-0-35419900-1432209734_thumb.jpg

post-9282-0-58729300-1432209779_thumb.jpg

I nearly forgot to put down its a 1.6 petrol and manual and would make any shiter a proud owner and is in Bexhill East Sussex..

That looks fantastic and with that history, should be an eBay classified ad for £595-695 with plenty of (right way up) pictures. Stuff Gumtree, it's hopeless.

Who was it who wanted a cheap banger to drive from Hampshire to The Hellmouth Of East Midlands? This looks perfect.

(Nearly bought a new one of these back when they were, er, a new car. SOHC 16V IIRC, quite nippy and fun).

That's not a problem I was going to get Leslie round to sign the log book later on but she will most probably want to see he old car off tomorrow evening as she was quite attached to it after 15 years of ownership..

Ps don't mention the elderly owner bit as she will go mad at me lol..

My brother bought an almost identical one of these when he was 17 for his first car, £900. He's now 24 and other than the aux belt pulley breaking (welded up for £70) nothing has ever gone wrong and its passed every MOT with no advisories. A+++ WOULD RECOMMEND

I would have bought this as I reckon theres a few groat in it for someone who can be arsed, but then I realised you're on the south coast right? That put me off and made it clear that I am not 'someone who can be arsed'. Anyway looks like you're sorted which has solved the problem for me.

Driving home tax. I saw there was a bit on Watchdog tonight about the double tax thing so I imagine the great unwashed will be beside themselves already mounting a Facebook campaign backed up by a Daily Mail article about how this would never have happened if Diana 'Princess of Hearts' was still alive.

Autoshites Running Reporter of 300 quid Balenos , Christine , can report .... Bugger all TBH !!  I taxed it ,insured it , the missus has driven it  mostly since .

It goes good though ...I caned it on Friday night ! Corners very good ..stops really good ..tyres have stayed up..erm...what else ? T'is better on petrol than a Seicento Sporting..The exhaust is spotless..no carbon at all . In all, a thoroughly boringly reliable  jap car.. It's very blue though..Top tint screen .. everything on the horizon is blue  too.. It's got a spoiler, blue.. plastic wheel trims ..and found a snazzy  cup holder you pull out of the dash ... fully loaded eh?

I noticed the fag lighter had never been used but then Leslie has never smoked..

It most probably needed an Italian tune up as she never goes over the speed limit anywhere and apparently the last time that car got driven at speed was back in about 2001.

I forgot to check the oil and water before you took the car but I did fill the washer bottle up with unipart train screen wash which is great in the winter lol..

Leslie said that I only recently checked the levels but I can't remember doing it but I do have a memory like a sieve but I think last time I checked it myself was last August/September sometime when I gave it a set of plugs and changed the rocker gasket and gave it a quick service.

It might be worth checking the gearbox oil and whacking an additive in there as the whine might be something simple as being low on fluid as I don't think it's ever been checked during the lifetime of the car.

She sent the logbook off the other day so hopefully you should receive the new one back in the next week or so.

But it is a great little motor and it's one of those cars you just know will go on forever.