Peugeot 205 1.6 Auto - NOW FREE! (Because it's broken)

garycox

** EDIT - Now FREE or parts available very cheaply **

Anyone want this? It's pretty horrible, and issues include, but are not limited to:

- Needs a VIC check (I wasn't informed of this when i bought it), so I only have the green bit of the previous V5 and a letter from DVLA saying it needs a VIC.

- Suspected HGF (mayo on filler cap and coolant is grim)

- No radio

- Looks shit

It's MOTd til September, still drives OK at the moment, low indicated mileage (50k ish I think, with old MOTs etc to prove) and that's about all the good bits. Athough my friend did borrow it a couple of weeks back to go to Yorkshire for an emergency family errand and he's still alive and speaking to me. It's genuinely much better on the motorways than a K10 Micra or a Metro etc.

My plan (after I found out about the VIC and HG) was to run it until the MOT runs out, or the HG gets worse (whichever is sooner) and then scrap it. I have other working cars though so it's a bit unnecessary.

I have been told that the Auto bonnet with the power* bulge is worth* about £80, but obviously I have not researched this.

It's in LEWES, EAST SUSSEX

These pictures were taken AFTER I'd cleaned it (and removed the horrendous wheel trims) - you can guess how grim it was beforehand.

post-3248-0-98449900-1431370870_thumb.jpgpost-3248-0-74760900-1431370918_thumb.jpgpost-3248-0-88904500-1431370950_thumb.jpgpost-3248-0-19030100-1431371165_thumb.jpg

Joe to the beige courtesy phone..

It's wor Will who's the 205 felcher. But he's never had an auto, or a five door, and to be honest, if he has another 205, he's told me it has to be a white three door "TurboD".

Soz.

No I'm not sorry, it's horrible, and I think PBK needs to make the purchase. :D

Because it's a small automatic and because Peugeot engines seem incredibly 'good' at this sort of thing, I'd have thought there was a fighting chance the mayo is condensation, as opposed to headgasket.

Oh, I forgot this, I replaced this bit of pipe as the old one was leaking. You can see how horrible the coolant is by the stuff that's sprayed out (everywhere)

post-3248-0-19778300-1431372902_thumb.jpg

(I presume that's coolant, I don't actually know what that pipe is for)

Sorry Joe, I thought you were after a badermatic for the Mrs, ..

Au contraire, I'd rather keep her out of automatics, she's just passed (manual test), I fear she'd get lazy, or begin to like autos, or both. Either way, there'd be no way back.

Will's 1.9TD 205 is a 5dr innit?

Not last time I checked...

WP_004137.jpg?psid=1

Ha! Admittedly I did make the dent on the 405 while loading/unloading a load of stuff (not very carefully).

The one on the drivers side of the 205 was already there though. And the other one is just confusing. I assume it happened when my friend went to Yorkshire in it.

It'd like one of those Australian road trains, only instead of some 18 litre Scania and ten cargo trailers, it'd be a shit Vauxhall diesel and several old nails being dragged behind it, gradually shedding body parts, engines, oil and rust.  

Remember that nut case who drove up Snowdon in a Frontera? Let's all chip in a tenner and get Gary to do the same up the Horseshoe Pass slate mine thing in the 205.

What's the horseshoe pass slate mine? Im well game, ill get some pics with my 205!