Rover 75 diesel, anyone? SOLD

Cavcraft

Roll up, roll up for the shittest advert for the shittest car.

2002 Rover 75 diesel

MOT expired March 2014

Untaxed (obviously)

Was described to me as in 'really condition' and 'top of the range' 'Really good condition' meant it doesn't run (alternator, I was told) and it looks shit. 'Top of the range' meant steel wheels, only two (pound shop type) wheel trims and cloth seats.

post-18246-0-86532400-1431285441.jpg

post-18246-0-26519500-1431285456.jpg

post-18246-0-85231800-1431285541.jpg

So, it looks pretty shit, it doesn't run and to cap it all you only have 18 hours to buy it!

Sadly I can't take any bits off it (due to location, time etc) so it has to go as it is. I haven't heard it running and I make no promises as to mechanical condition, though the seller did say there are receipts 'somewhere' for extraordinary amounts of money of the DMF and stuff.

Oh, just as unhelpfully, there is no log book, so you'll have to apply for one. I do really not enjoy scrapping cars like this, although it's pretty hopeless it must be good for parts or to someone who could get it running and make some use of it.

£175, no offers soz as I'm getting that much for it weighed in. I really need it gone tomorrow, possibly Tuesday evening at a push. It's in Chester and you'll have to A-frame it or something. Which is a bit laughable really, as I'm actually typing that like someone is going to buy it.

It'll be exploding something tomorrow, all right. I'm going up to mine sweep under the seats etc, to look for treasure before it gets sacked off 

Roll up, roll up for the shittest advert for the shittest car.

2002 Rover 75 diesel

MOT expired March 2014

Untaxed (obviously)

Was described to me as in 'really condition' and 'top of the range' 'Really good condition' meant it doesn't run (alternator, I was told) and it looks shit. 'Top of the range' meant steel wheels, only two (pound shop type) wheel trims and cloth seats.

Wowzers - That's a really rare* Irish spec R75!

Unfortunately I see the previous owner skimped on specifying the giffer scrapes on three of the bumper corners, and the stoved in door skin...  :-( 

Luckily, I believe these can be retrofitted! :mrgreen:  

Fate sealed, just been to chuck four (non-Rover) alloys into the boot to maximise my return on this motor.

And here are the mine sweep results:

One container almost full of petroleum. Sadly, it's petroleum jelly.

One small container about 3/4 full of Tesco diesel mineral oil.

One small container (full) of anti-freeze.

A really spazzy either glasses holder, or a case for a portable mobile telephonic communication device.

Two rubber floor mats.

The towing eye and wheel brace (always come in handy) and...

NO FUCKING MONEY. Not even a single penny, stuck to the floor with an old, half eaten kid's sweet.

Mine too. I like the theory of scrutting about with manky old ruins turning (hopefully) a few quid profit here and there but I simply couldnt be harrised with the type of buyers these cars attract. I genuinely admire your patience and dedication to the shite cause.

The next one was VERY nearly an incredibly twatted about Mk3 Transit Di, but I think I've missed the boat with that one.

The local EX-Suzuki dealer near me, has a working Rover 75 Diesel for sale, and wants £3K.

Mind you he has an MGF up at £5495, so you know he's a wanker.