Not very epic collection thread

Caffiend

Owing to friend forgetting that we were to have a cuppa before I got the train, I'm at the station over an hour early and had to pay 3 quid for coffee and got really pissed off by unbiased* Murdoch headlines seen in station cafe. Also, raining. Arse.

Anyway, eating sandwiches (made at home) and trying to cheer myself up with thought of the drive home in my new toy. Hope the train is on time.

I thought dodgy pictures of trains and sandwiches were compulsory in this type of thread, if it wasn't for AS collections I'd think trains and stations still looked like those 'Let The Train Take The Strain' ads.

Your wish is my command. Yes, those are ciabatta rolls. With 1) cheese & beetroot 2) lunch tongue and red cherry jam. I also have an apple, not in pic as they haven't evolved in the last few years.

post-5337-0-94600000-1430914170_thumb.jpg

Your wish is my command. Yes, those are ciabatta rolls. With 1) cheese & beetroot 2) lunch tongue and red cherry jam. I also have an apple, not in pic as they haven't evolved in the last few years.

mmm, anti-gravity sandwich, my favorite

So, like an idiot I left the book and paperworks behind, sorry DeeVee8, please PM PayPal details and I' ll send postage. At Durham services, have just reluctantly put roof back up as weather is not looking like it will hold to next services.

Had a nice test drive and only stalled once. Twice. OK four times, too long since I drove a petrol. Will get used to it I'm sure. Willing little car, compliments from lady at filling station.

Thanks DeeVee8, nice to meet you and good luck with Jaaag MOT. Going to grab coffee, then will take another oblig. Service station pic.

post-5337-0-34833000-1430928930_thumb.jpg

Few niggles, advice welcome/gratefully accepted. Before I start, let me say that AFAIC these go with the territory, I'm still more than chuffed with the buy, thanks to previous owners for looking after it so well.

Niggle 1: I wasn't expecting to be *quite* such a hot chick. Interior gets VERY warm when the lid's on. Research so far indicates that this could be stuck heater valve or disconnected wire to blower, access to both/either via panel in driver's footwell. Is this a reasonable first check, before the swearing commences?

Niggle 2: The little darling is slightly in disgrace for the alarm (which works , clearly) going off in winds last night and right royally pissing off a couple of neighbours (get over it, shit happens, etc). Suggested remedies for excess sensitivity included possible fault with wiring? New* door locks needed?

Niggle 3: Needs replacement plastic at rear, bit too opaque for comfort around poor motorway discipline drivers, although side mirror views are very good and adequate for most purposes. Can rear plastic be removed/refitted or not worth the effort?

I'm no help on the first 2, but plastic window renovator may work. I used some from autoglym I think on a mk1 golf rear window that had gone hazy and it made it quite a bit clearer. It might be worth trying for a fiver or so before replacing the window.

edit: It may have been the Renovo one I used ... £8 from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renovo-Plastic-Window-Polish-Ultra-Clear-50Ml-Bottle-/290956626436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43be5dca04

Mixed reviews on Amazon ... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Renovo-International-RWP501136-Plastic-Window/dp/B002G274WC

PS. I'd be tempted to disconnect the siren or remove a fuse for the alarm

I'm pleased your photos do the same as mine when on a collection thread.

Few niggles, advice welcome/gratefully accepted. Before I start, let me say that AFAIC these go with the territory, I'm still more than chuffed with the buy, thanks to previous owners for looking after it so well.

Niggle 1: I wasn't expecting to be *quite* such a hot chick. Interior gets VERY warm when the lid's on. Research so far indicates that this could be stuck heater valve or disconnected wire to blower, access to both/either via panel in driver's footwell. Is this a reasonable first check, before the swearing commences?

Niggle 2: The little darling is slightly in disgrace for the alarm (which works , clearly) going off in winds last night and right royally pissing off a couple of neighbours (get over it, shit happens, etc). Suggested remedies for excess sensitivity included possible fault with wiring? New* door locks needed?

Niggle 3: Needs replacement plastic at rear, bit too opaque for comfort around poor motorway discipline drivers, although side mirror views are very good and adequate for most purposes. Can rear plastic be removed/refitted or not worth the effort?

1/ mine is "cosy" rather than warm, does your heater work on all settings? How about with the temp turned down and the fan on 4? The back of the heater unit is accessable via a panel in the passenger & drivers footwell's, the same ones that have the courtesy light in it.

2/ My alarm can be over sensitive at times. Locking the door manually (as opposed to using the fob) locks the car, sets the immobiliser but doesn't set the motion sensor (which apparently can be quite suseptable to draughts). I've got into this habit and stopped annoying my neighbours.

3/ new placcy is anywhere from £60 to £100 depending on the vendor. I have spoken to a place called MGF Bitz and he was going to do me a good deal on new placcy as I also need both halves of the zip. That is quite a way down my list however, so in the meantime I shall be trying some £8 Greygate Plastic Polish in an attempt to stave off the inevitable.

This forum has some excellent tips and how-to's

http://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/54-how-tos/25321-a-to-z-of-how-to-guides-pics-and-videos

MGFBitz

http://www.mgfntfbitz.co.uk/

nice bloke, can't half talk though, bless him

It's made it back to your house - that makes it a WIN.

Needs more photos, action shots etc, has there even been a petrol station shot yet?

No pez shot as supremely reliable*, British performance** sports*** car features not only OMGHGF as standard but also boasts OMGMPG as well, so Esso forecourt is not it's natural habitat.

Petrol station was busy & DVee8 waiting to lead me to A1M, so petrol station shot will have to wait to refill.

Skattrd - thanks, will def give that a go.

Thanks Taff, didn't want to mess with fan on way home, heater was on 0 though. Will give it a go as temp gauge didn't budge from just below halfway on drive home. Warning: Those of short attention span don't read next bit: Will have to treat locks with a squirt of penetrating oil. Stop sniggering at the back.

OK, I own up. Did get it to 95, the little hooligan still had more to give, high winds meant that anything over 80 was actually not much fun. Um, also illegal. So I didn't. Wasn't me.

That's the right place for the temp gauge, well, that's the same place as mine anyway and mine hasn't exploded.

I also squirted my lock mechanisms with WD40 and then carefully squirted a few drops brake fluid into them. They had "machine-gunned" on me once but haven't done since. I also treated the external door lock the same, as it wouldn't initially accept the key; just a build up of crud. 

Should have kept the hammer down, Caff. They are terrifying at 100!