Vans oh dear what have they done

DVee8

Wonder who'll be the first to spot rust coming through on a new shape transit. That said I quite like the Custom. At least it's an all new design rather than a gopping new snout glued on to last decade's van

I was going to start a thread on this very subject. But couldn't be arsed.

It is not a new thing, it has gone on in medium vans for a while but now the bigger ones are catching up.

For evidence see Kangoo Doblo face lift Expert etc.

I like the styling of the new Doblo, Royal Mail are running them in droves (doubt they've bought them),  the new smaller Transit (custom?) looks pretty good too.

That Iveco is gopping! I've not had the pleasure* of seeing one yet.

Yeah I must say I think some of the new Transits look quite smart, especially in custom trim. Not a patch on the loveliness of the Commers* and Bedford CAs of the 60's though .... or the Morris J vans of the 50's. Oh .... forgot .... the Ford 400e too.

* with the exception of that stunningly shite one in Junkman's post. You've still got to love it though! Mind you driver might have given the screen a wipe first.

I've got a 60 reg Sprinter company van, soon to be replaced for a new Sprinter. Exactly the same van except the front end. But I think they're one of the few current/recent big vans that look ok. Everything else is utterly hideous, styling wise! Not that a Sprinter is in any way perfect of course.

Here's my own 'proper' van though! From the days they actually made a decent job of styling commercials.

2014-08-11180224_zpsd19ea577.jpg