Jump to content

Retroshite


DodgyBastard

Recommended Posts

I thought I'd start this thread as I have an ever changing lineup of vehicles passing through regularly but just like the old days there's still bitter jealous people on here trying to remind me how much of a horrible cunt I am.

How dare I buy cars advertised on the forum for the asking price and offering a hassle free transaction and prompt payment. 

Now, I try to be completely transparent with what I'm going to do with the cars I buy and offer the owners of them the opportunity of selling to someone else.

I'm sure if anyone had a problem with it they could choose to sell elsewhere.

As for hoovering up all of the cheap chod, I don't think anything I've bought from here lately has been a particular bargain. Maybe time has moved on and what would have been a £700 car a couple of years ago is now double in price but I don't see hordes of other people lining up for the cars on here.

I can't really be arsed having online arguments these days so if anyone comes on here to start their pish they will be told in no uncertain terms to fuck off.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

You seem to have some decent camera gear, I think that is more important than being happy in front of one.  I believe some folk use You Tube as something to chill them out and actively seek content with no dialogue.  If you've ever watched Flexiny, it's basically his hands and some old heap he's dragged from a field and bringing it back to life. He then thrashes it about his land. I think its brilliant and seems popular.

I gave up on my You Tube as apart from a complete lack of time and money to do anything remotely interesting with my cars, stuff being filmed on my potatocam phone wasn't exactly slick 😅

This is  good channel, minimal chat and interesting stuff featured. Well,to me anyway.

The Scania logging truck they rescued was a particularly pull for me as it brought back memories of many owner/drivers using them to bring logs into the sawmill I was working at.

At the other end of the scale was the Escort tdi that took hardly anything to get started.Driving it after was a different ball game though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the drama out of the way, let's get back to the cars.

2023-10-09_09-55-14.thumb.jpg.9d3dc112d230f19d304d1be310c83eba.jpg

The 205 I bought from here and raffled has since changed hands and the current owner wishes to sell for £800, bargain.

I don't really have the room for it but will buy it and raffle it again. I was also planning on doing the petrol 205 in a couple of weeks.

The petrol one is in much nicer condition overall but it'll be interesting to see how it fairs against the diesel if I do both of them at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RetroShite said:

I can't really be arsed having online arguments these days so if anyone comes on here to start their pish they will be told in no uncertain terms to fuck off.

That's the way forward. Came here to say the same as @JJ0063 - pure, hardcore thread appreciation, and especially the photography, which was always a highlight from the old thread.

Fucking A1+ Shiter of Distinction, love that there's a new thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RetroShite said:

With the drama out of the way, let's get back to the cars.

2023-10-09_09-55-14.thumb.jpg.9d3dc112d230f19d304d1be310c83eba.jpg

The 205 I bought from here and raffled has since changed hands and the current owner wishes to sell for £800, bargain.

I don't really have the room for it but will buy it and raffle it again. I was also planning on doing the petrol 205 in a couple of weeks.

The petrol one is in much nicer condition overall but it'll be interesting to see how it fairs against the diesel if I do both of them at the same time.

Id buy raffle tickets for both, thats for sure

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, sdkrc said:

@RetroShite is the best buyer I've ever dealt with. Zero fucking about and great to deal with.

 

@RetroShite is the best buyer I've ever dealt with. Zero fucking about and great to deal with.

Also, hats off to the man for doing what he's doing, wish I could make a living messing about with old shite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I entered the raffle for the last Cav. Unfortunately (or fortunately for my bank balance) I didn’t win it. 
 

I always enjoy the drive through from Glasgow to Shite in the Park so looking forward to the Spring again. 
 

I’m sure I saw you had organised a meet but I couldn’t find the Facebook post. Any winter shite meets planned?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fuck sake. You turn your back for 2 seconds.

Wonder if an attempt was made to turn the fuel up more without releasing the locknut.

I'd say I had it as far as I was comfortable with, as it would smoke slightly on full shoe. 

Is the fuel heat exchanger leaking or the connections to it? It can be deleted as I only fitted it to run it on wvo and the original filter housing leaked, as they always do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I for one love the retroshite musings. I was following the original thread before it was deleted. I love pretty much all the cars that come up for raffle, I have entered a few and have been genuinely gutted I didn't win. The only trouble I find is that with so many decent cars, and bikes, up for grabs it has the potential to financially ruin me! 

Keep up the good work and hopefully one day I'll get to shake your hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, juular said:

Fuck sake. You turn your back for 2 seconds.

Wonder if an attempt was made to turn the fuel up more without releasing the locknut.

I'd say I had it as far as I was comfortable with, as it would smoke slightly on full shoe. 

Is the fuel heat exchanger leaking or the connections to it? It can be deleted as I only fitted it to run it on wvo and the original filter housing leaked, as they always do.

Heat exchanger was also leaking so we removed it. Fortunately there's another na xud with a Bosch pump due to be removed from a 305 shortly so might be able to swap pumps without too much drama.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, andyberg said:

I for one love the retroshite musings. I was following the original thread before it was deleted. I love pretty much all the cars that come up for raffle, I have entered a few and have been genuinely gutted I didn't win. The only trouble I find is that with so many decent cars, and bikes, up for grabs it has the potential to financially ruin me! 

Keep up the good work and hopefully one day I'll get to shake your hand.

Cheers, I see a fair few people from here entering from time to time.

I deleted the original thread but apparently it can be reinstated if I wish but not sure whether to bother with it or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the next one up for the chop.

LDV going this week

RJC_7808.thumb.JPG.9346906333191fb4ba75adf4a56a718c.JPG

205 the following week

RJC_7494.thumb.JPG.c18de737dd3397171269a4f029ca386a.JPG

and the SLK the week after

 

RJC_7787.thumb.JPG.79b2c05046d03d71d3f455ecc5c4c953.JPG

 

We managed to stop the fuel pump from leaking on the 205 so it's out on loan to someone I know who needed a winter car. I offered him a choice between the 205 and the SLK and initially he was thinking he'd take the SLK but after thinking about potential better fuel economy went for the 205 in the end.

RJC_7505.thumb.JPG.d5312fad5d847ef973259560de961d0d.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...