Retroshite

DodgyBastard

10 hours ago, Missy Charm said:

Is the LDV Pilot like the Convoy but worse?  I have terrible memories of spending hours in minibus variants of the latter.

The Pilot is a much re-worked Morris commercials J4 launched in 1960. This was reworked in the 1970s as the Sherpa, early 80s as the Sherpa K2, then the Freight Rover/Leyland DAF/LDV 200 and finally the Pilot.

The 300/400/Convoy was the wider version built to similar proportions to the Mk2 Transit.

Narrow wheel track and body was useful for tight streets which is why the post office and Royal Mail were loyal customers.

Weighed in some batteries and a cat, the cat was from the Suzuki samurai and I got £100 for it. I got £83 for the batteries.

With my winnings I visited the scrapyard and bought a pair of good batteries for £25 each.

IMG_20220317_140220396.thumb.jpg.779f83d1c70ee94e5c7b55e238eea605.jpg

Mot prep for the cortina involved buying a battery and fitting it. I will just wait and see how it does at the test. It does seem to be pulling left when braking, I can't tell whether it's brake or suspension related.

IMG_20220316_175904161_HDR.thumb.jpg.52fd0a9b7ce38425da7d6217760580e8.jpg

IMG_20220316_175558495.thumb.jpg.d0eccd8cfd058bd1d215b447a83478a8.jpg

IMG_20220316_175530405.thumb.jpg.20ed1ec8e71aaf10269a70107075a656.jpg

I have another car meet arranged for Sunday morning in Kinross, if by some miracle the cortina passes I'll go in that but if not it'll be the 505.

4 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

Only just noticed the 'Tina is a 1.6, must be... Leisurely.

Certainly looks smart.

It goes quite well, certainly not the fastest thing in the world. It feels a lot smoother and quicker than the purple Cortina with an alleged "tuned" 2.0 pinto but that's probably down to it being looked after properly.

It's in decent enough condition overall and solid underneath but does have various bits of filler and weld repairs on the sills which I only really noticed when looking at on the ramp.

I paid £2800 for it which seems about right for the condition of it.

Nice purchase looks a pretty good one.  I've lost count of how many sumps I've had to change on cortinas back in the day but will be well into double figures,   I do remember how many front crossmembers though as that was much more involved job so after 6 you do get a little pissed,   they where all self inflicted as they don't like jumping at all and I never learn.

3 hours ago, garbaldy said:

Nice purchase looks a pretty good one.  I've lost count of how many sumps I've had to change on cortinas back in the day but will be well into double figures,   I do remember how many front crossmembers though as that was much more involved job so after 6 you do get a little pissed,   they where all self inflicted as they don't like jumping at all and I never learn.

Bailey Bridge? 

RJC_1259RJC_1262

RJC_1263

RJC_1265

RJC_1268

RJC_1273

RJC_1274

With the Picanto selling today I'm down to 8 cars plus a spares 305 and 3 motorbikes. I'd like to get the number down a little bit more by selling one of the bikes and possibly the 305 and LDV. I think realistically I'll need to mot both of them if I want to sell them but I'm just not 100% on selling either of them, I like the 305 and the van is useful to have.

Definite keepers for the moment are Chevette, 505, 504, Camry, A3 and maybe the Cortina although I'm leaning towards just getting an mot on it, using it over the summer and seeing how I feel about keeping it. Really trying to resist the urge to buy more shite!

Anyway, I've arranged another car meet in Kinross for tomorrow morning at 10am, not entirely sure what to go in or on, the choice is 505, 504, Camry, Ldv or the MZ motorbike. If it's nice I might end up taking the bike.

1 hour ago, DodgyBastard said:

RJC_1259RJC_1262

RJC_1263

RJC_1265

RJC_1268

RJC_1273

RJC_1274

With the Picanto selling today I'm down to 8 cars plus a spares 305 and 3 motorbikes. I'd like to get the number down a little bit more by selling one of the bikes and possibly the 305 and LDV. I think realistically I'll need to mot both of them if I want to sell them but I'm just not 100% on selling either of them, I like the 305 and the van is useful to have.

Definite keepers for the moment are Chevette, 505, 504, Camry, A3 and maybe the Cortina although I'm leaning towards just getting an mot on it, using it over the summer and seeing how I feel about keeping it. Really trying to resist the urge to buy more shite!

Anyway, I've arranged another car meet in Kinross for tomorrow morning at 10am, not entirely sure what to go in or on, the choice is 505, 504, Camry, Ldv or the MZ motorbike. If it's nice I might end up taking the bike.

With everything you're on with and being into bikes as well I'd 100% keep the van

23 minutes ago, Matty said:

True. I'm just a massive LDV apologist. And I'd forgot about the pickup. Whose is the Imp?

Thankfully not mine. The owner is on here but rarely posts. It's been sat inside for the last few years but he recently thought about selling it to fund boring house stuff so we pulled it outside. I've no idea if it's still for sale or how much it is.

28 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

Thankfully not mine. The owner is on here but rarely posts. It's been sat inside for the last few years but he recently thought about selling it to fund boring house stuff so we pulled it outside. I've no idea if it's still for sale or how much it is.

More than I've got. Half the reason I ended up with an A40

Some pics from yesterdays meet, was a great turnout with a varied selection of shite. Maybe a little bit too busy so will be looking for a slightly bigger venue next time.

RJC_1347

RJC_1339

RJC_1336

RJC_1334

RJC_1329

RJC_1327

RJC_1325

RJC_1323

RJC_1319

RJC_1318

RJC_1317

RJC_1313

RJC_1311

RJC_1310

RJC_1309RJC_1306

RJC_1304

RJC_1303RJC_1294RJC_1293

Spotted a few shiters there too, it was a nice atmosphere and there weren't any dickheads because they were all at Crail.