Retroshite

DodgyBastard

3 hours ago, Angrydicky said:

That Camry looks great, proper old geezer spec. How rusty is it?

It's less rusty today than it was yesterday but in general it's a typical 90's jap car underneath with surface rust on all of the heavy steel parts and a few scabs here and there. It failed on a small area of rust on the offside rear inner arch and sill.

11 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

I'm in talks with a friend about giving him the BX plus £800 for a Sierra P100 running a pinto. Should I be ripping his arm off for such a deal?

241124531_267176461914323_6085300190822314112_n.thumb.jpg.3aea736cbb7db3e25e62e7322c12a1c3.jpg

My dad briefly had one of these from his work and it was epic.  I remember him trying to find a way to keep it.

On the flipside it will probably definitely look like the Titanic underneath. Not that it should bother someone like yourself to be fair.

39 minutes ago, big_al_granvia said:

impressive........fail sheet, get the mig oot

Can't be any worse than that Sierra pickup.

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):

• Stop lamp(s) all not working (4.3.1 (a) (iii))
  • Nearside Rear Leaf spring to axle fixings loose to the extent that relative movement is visible nut missing (5.3.1 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Brake load sensing valve seized and ABS not fitted or inoperative (1.1.17 (c) (ii))

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Nearside Rear Seat belt buckle missing (7.1.2 (d))
  • Offside Rear Seat belt buckle missing (7.1.2 (d))
  • Nearside Front Position lamp missing (4.2.1 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Headlamp insecure (4.1.1 (c))
  • Nearside Front Headlamp aim too high (4.1.2 (a))
  • Offside Front Headlamp aim too low (4.1.2 (a))
  • Offside Rear Position lamp showing white light to the rear (4.2.3 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Rear Position lamp lens seriously defective (4.2.1 (b))
  • Nearside Front Bumper insecure (6.1.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Lower Integral body structure or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of a body mounting (6.2.2 (d) (i))
  • Front Exhaust has a major leak of exhaust gases (6.1.2 (a))
  • Emissions not tested (8.2.2.2 (e))
  • Offside Front Drag link end ball joint has excessive play (2.1.3 (b) (i))
  • Nearside Front Steering arm deformed (2.1.3 (c) (i))
  • Power steering malfunctioning (2.1.5 (a))
  • Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength leaf spring mount inadequate repair (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Lower Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength outer sill (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Lower Integral body structure or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of a body mounting sill (6.2.2 (d) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Brake prescribed area is excessively corroded chassis corroded near load valve (1.1.21 (e) (i))
  • Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength chassis (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Inner Integral body structure or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of a body mounting sill (6.2.2 (d) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Service brake effort inadequate at a wheel (1.2.1 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Service brake effort inadequate at a wheel (1.2.1 (a) (i))
  • Service brake efficiency below requirements (1.2.2 (a) (i))

Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):

• Battery insecure but not likely to fall from carrier (4.13 (a) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Front Registration plate deteriorated but not likely to be misread (0.1 (b))
  • Nearside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))
  • Fuel Pipe/s corroded ()
  • Offside Front Wheel bearing has slight play (5.1.3 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Wheel bearing slightly noisy (5.1.3 (b) (i))
  • Offside Front Lower Power steering component has slight seepage from a component (2.1.5 (a))

Oh...

Drives fine!

Now need to take the Camry for its retest after it failed on some rot on the inner sill and exhaust leak. The manifold to downpipe was hanging on by one bolt and one of the studs was snapped so had a bit of a nightmare drilling the stud out.

After I split the exhaust I realized the gaskets were knackered so fitted new gaskets and plastered fuck out of every surface with exhaust paste and started bolting it back together only to find the only remaining stud stripped the nut when I was tightening it together. I had to resort to using a stainless steel nut with a different thread pitch and using a breaker bar to tighten it on.

I hope I never have to remove it.

IMG_20210903_111344374_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210903_121459472_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210903_121515742_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210903_132116384_HDR.jpg

I went to see a car yesterday.

Front wheel drive Subaru saloon, off the road since 1986 and sat inside a garage in auchtermuchty since coming off the road.

26k miles...

It's on eBay currently at £580 with 2 days to go on the auction, it'll be interesting to see what it makes.

IMG_20210904_111805934.jpg

IMG_20210904_111759978_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210904_110254895_HDR.jpg

31 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

I went to see a car yesterday.

Front wheel drive Subaru saloon, off the road since 1986 and sat inside a garage in auchtermuchty since coming off the road.

26k miles...

It's on eBay currently at £580 with 2 days to go on the auction, it'll be interesting to see what it makes.

IMG_20210904_111805934.jpg

IMG_20210904_111759978_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210904_110254895_HDR.jpg

Auchtermuchty.. used to live there and my spidey senses were always tingling.. I reckon there are a few like that tucked away.. Wonder if its a Reekie Motors car..