It’s not that hard to get it through it’s mot if there’s no holes and it’s all sealed up . they’ve only got that little toffee hammer to hit it with.

My cortina looked super clean when I bought it but it was hiding rust, that’s just what they do .

Just read the RetroRides thread. The guy who bought it sounds like a bit of a helmet; he’s expecting a 40+ year old car bought sight unseen, particularly a type known to rot badly and prone to bodgery to keep it on the road in the late 80s, to be totally and utterly as it was on the day it was tested and not to have repairs (both good and bad) of any age.  An MoT is just a snapshot of the car on that particular day, opinions vary from tester to tester, and things can and will deteriorate after the examination. Foad’s replies to that thread were very honest.

According to this guide £2000 is about right for a mk4 that’s got a ticket but needs work. 

The best part of it he passes himself off as some kind of trader yet he appears to have no idea how to look up an mot. He takes a risk buying a shit old Ford without looking at it and it turns out it’s more shit than he expected-he took a risk and it didn’t pay off so he’s moaning.

Embarrassing.

I think the problem is it looks shiny in the photos so the guy probably thought he was getting a minter for nothing.
I'm a little bit disappointed that this guy bought it because there were another two buyers lined up who weren't traders and who would have had a better idea of what they were getting for the money, a ropey old ford in need of work.
Anyone else would have registered it as historic and used the mot exemption to keep it rolling while they continued to tart it up.
The buyer seems to be astonished that anyone was using it daily for the last few years but having used it daily for a month I didn't feel particularly unsafe, it was just shit to drive.dc12b1bc3460ccb2015cf57c79231ef4.jpg

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DodgyBastard said:

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Stellar looks to be a great save. I'm guessing they're approaching single figures remaining in the UK now? 

The lad on the bike looks like he needs to cut back on the caffeine. It seemed a bit like a low-budget cinema flick - I was waiting for some gore or weird goings on.