Retroshite

DodgyBastard

On 08/03/2022 at 13:57, DodgyBastard said:

505 now heading north from Chichester.

Transporter called to moan that it wasn't running and would be a £40 charge to use the winch.

20220308_100924.thumb.jpg.778eba6bb78c2af5d8e07dd3e4e4e4e6~2.jpg

On 08/03/2022 at 18:58, Crackers said:

I wonder where that's been hiding? I've been pretty good at spotting old crap on driveways round these parts, but that's evaded me.

Likewise. I don’t think it’s been in my spotted thread.

On 3/9/2022 at 11:47 AM, DodgyBastard said:

505 arrived earlier than expected.

I was told it would be tonight or tomorrow morning but instead got a phonecall at 9am saying it would be dropped off at 11.

I had to fuck off from work for a couple of hours to go sort it out.

IMG_20220309_105111052_HDR.jpg

Should have told the knob there was a £40 charge for dropping it earlier than arranged

I sold the 505 this morning, I think I like the scruffier running 305 estate better so decided to keep that and let the 505 go. 

I got £1k for it which covered transport and the purchase price and I kept a couple of bits and pieces for my saloon.

I just have a severe lack of motivation for intensive projects at the moment.

The guy who bought it was very enthusiastic about it so I think it went to the right person.

IMG_20220313_105239222_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220313_105228858_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220312_145232425_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220312_145259554.jpg

IMG_20220312_145249198.jpg

18 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Why oh why did estates become so unpopular!? Barge factor 12/10 :)

505 estates are lovely old things. Great alternative to a 740/940 (and dare I say it drive a bit nicer). 

I much prefer an estate to a Zafira/Galaxy/Picasso or some bloated soft roader (wouldn’t turn down a Rancho though)

4 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

505 estates are lovely old things. Great alternative to a 740/940 (and dare I say it drive a bit nicer). 

I much prefer an estate to a Zafira/Galaxy/Picasso or some bloated soft roader (wouldn’t turn down a Rancho though)

Yes I dont know why estates fizzled out and popularity turned into MPVs then SUVs

The size of the gopping Audi/Mercedes/Kia SUV/Cr*ssover things that litter our roads are ridiculous!

16 minutes ago, yes oui si said:

That Pilot keeps winking at me. I have zero experience of them - what are they like to drive/maintain? Veg friendly? 

They are slow and generally quite basic to drive. They can suffer from wobbly steering and porridge like gear selection but this van is one of the better ones I've driven, gearbox is tight and there's no play in the steering.

It's a 1.9 xud Lucas pump so would need swapped to a Bosch for veg.

• DodgyBastard changed the title to FOAD's fleet - Rusty shite out, Shiny blue oval in!
1 hour ago, Wibble said:

Absolutely love the Cortina, would love to see and hear more about it!

I'm picking it up tomorrow, I went for a look tonight and paid for it. It runs very well, the 1.6 pinto is quiet and it drives spot on. It appears to be in fantastic condition.

12 hours ago, skoda_fan said:

Never realized how massive the 505 Estate is. Looks totally out of proportion to the 305. Anyway nice purchase!

From my memories as a kid it was about 9" to a foot longer than the equivalent Volvo Estate? We had one and my old man parked next to a Volvo once, squaring it up to see which was bigger.