Retroshite

DodgyBastard

I posted these same photos on Facebook and had quite a lot of hate and told I should have done a "decent" paint job and the car looks shit as it is.

I never claimed it looked amazing but I'm happy with the progress I've made with it and now it's looking a bit more like a car it might spur me on to get it finished. I'm not sure a decent paint job will make much difference, it's still covered in dents!

Some people need to lower their expectations.

1 hour ago, DodgyBastard said:

I posted these same photos on Facebook and had quite a lot of hate and told I should have done a "decent" paint job and the car looks shit as it is.

I never claimed it looked amazing but I'm happy with the progress I've made with it and now it's looking a bit more like a car it might spur me on to get it finished. I'm not sure a decent paint job will make much difference, it's still covered in dents!

It's your car, not theirs. If they wanted a chevette with a perfect paint job they can go and weld up their own and paint it however they want.

For what its worth I remember what it looked like before.. I think this looks fine and only proves the majority of folk on Facebook are indeed fucknuggets of the highest calibre.

11 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Well, if evidence were ever needed that Facebook is largely populated by abject fucknuggets...

It's being rebranded next week. FuckNugetts sounds like a good replacement.

I think the car looks great, especially considering what it once looked like.

20211021_090925.thumb.jpg.910897d0789bbb8521c36d5773b9e985.jpg

That plastic bit is the part that would allow your replacement fuel pump to work as some pumps have them,,and there's different thickness spacers also which is less than helpfull as there isn't really any pattern to fitment. 

It might be that e10 is giving the diaphragm a hard time so all these suggestions of a leccy pump might be worth a shot if so. 

My parts arrived for the Skoda so fitted a new fuel filter, oil filter and fuel pump and drained the oil.

I'll fill it with oil tomorrow and try getting out for a wee run. The wiper stalk is broken, the only replacement one I can find on eBay is a whopping £150 so won't be buying that, I don't know whether to buy some kind of universal stalk for £20-40 or just try to bodge something I have lying around like a chevette stalk which fits onto the steering column in a similar fashion.

2021-10-25_09-23-27.jpg

I can't remember for certain if I did actually get rid of the last bag of bits of Estelle or not...I know for absolutely certain it contained a set of stalks.  I'll have a dig through that box in the garage tomorrow.  If it's still in there it's yours.  I have a horrible feeling I did get shot of them though shortly after I sold the orange one as I couldn't see me having another.  Not least because of the headaches I'd had getting relatively simple service parts.

Aparently the stalks from a certain era of austin mini are the same except the plug as the majority of PAL electrics are licenced lucas copies. As an aside parts for estelles recently have never been better as German suppliers are actually commissioning new parts from China now.

https://www.osttimer.de/Eshop/?en_s-105-s-120-garde-rapid,71 

^^^ I've used this guy for loads of bits, he lists a wiper stalk for 39euros but unsure if the 83 revision is a big deal or not re stalks. 

22 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Have had a good dig around and sadly it looks like I did get rid of the Estelle stuff when I did the last clear out a few years ago.

Found the box it definitely used to be in but nothing Skoda specific in there I'm afraid.

Thanks for looking!

40 minutes ago, Jikovron said:

Aparently the stalks from a certain era of austin mini are the same except the plug as the majority of PAL electrics are licenced lucas copies. As an aside parts for estelles recently have never been better as German suppliers are actually commissioning new parts from China now.

https://www.osttimer.de/Eshop/?en_s-105-s-120-garde-rapid,71 

^^^ I've used this guy for loads of bits, he lists a wiper stalk for 39euros but unsure if the 83 revision is a big deal or not re stalks. 

Cheers for the link, I've ordered one from there.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:05 AM, DodgyBastard said:

If it hadn’t been for you, it would be bean tins by now. Some folk need to get a grip!