Retroshite

DodgyBastard

21 minutes ago, big_al_granvia said:

nice work, you could have bought tickman's saab for that, go on, you know you want 275 horses under the right foot

I would like the Saab especially for its towing capabilities as well as I've never really had a properly fast car and I'm probably going to buy a winter beater shortly but I also need to be sensible and buy something with an MOT until next year.

I have my hands full with 4 cars currently with short MOTs so buying another with potential issues probably isn't the best idea.

Subaru failed its MOT today.

Rear brake lines and front ball joints mostly plus a bunch of advisories which have appeared on the previous Mots.

Not the worst result really, maybe the weeping brake lines are why the brakes are so shit...

Since fitting the radiator in the 505 yesterday I've done a couple of hundred miles in it, I lost a little bit of gearbox oil so had to top it up a little. The manual says that the oil level should be checked not only when it is hot but also while it's running. Seems a strange way to do it...

2021-06-10_02-13-51.jpg

On 9/22/2021 at 2:54 PM, DodgyBastard said:

He's a member on here and I have met him in person when a friend bought a car from him.

He had a little vendetta against me on Facebook a few years ago spouting all kinds of crackpot things because I bought a car that his mate had planned on buying but I got there first or something silly like that.

I think it was a proton, the cunt lost his shit over it.

Just recently either him or someone he knows through a different account started giving me grief on Facebook over a motor I had up for sale.

His name is Allan Wales and he is a twat.

Screenshot_20210922-121029-291.thumb.png.18f5192957540eb4c92ef0c0477b0cca.png

This needs to be taken down now, please. 1st of all, i am now diagnosed bipolar, so apologise for any previous posts from myself...it has taken a few years to get to this point, covid not withstanding. I am just trying my best to get through life, as i know you are too, i did report that picture, as i don't want my image to be on the internet. That is all. Whatever you are experiencing with anyone else is outwith my control, we all get horrible messages, me somewhat  a lot more often, i've had it a lot recently. I wish you no ill-will, and genuinely liked going through all your pickups and sales over the years, it interests me greatly from a lover of old cars. But i do watch and am interested/entertained, so thankyou. 

Much like other youtubers on here and the like. Anything in the past, for me is the past and i just want the non-stop barrage against me to end please. I am ill, i am doing something about it, and want to be a part of the community going forward.  Please stop, i cannot take much more. 

17 hours ago, allanwales said:

This needs to be taken down now, please. 1st of all, i am now diagnosed bipolar, so apologise for any previous posts from myself...it has taken a few years to get to this point, covid not withstanding. I am just trying my best to get through life, as i know you are too, i did report that picture, as i don't want my image to be on the internet. That is all. Whatever you are experiencing with anyone else is outwith my control, we all get horrible messages, me somewhat  a lot more often, i've had it a lot recently. I wish you no ill-will, and genuinely liked going through all your pickups and sales over the years, it interests me greatly from a lover of old cars. But i do watch and am interested/entertained, so thankyou. 

Much like other youtubers on here and the like. Anything in the past, for me is the past and i just want the non-stop barrage against me to end please. I am ill, i am doing something about it, and want to be a part of the community going forward.  Please stop, i cannot take much more. 

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, I have deleted my posts calling you a twat and removed any photos of you from this thread.

You might want to consider removing photos of yourself from Facebook and the videos from YouTube if you don't want images of yourself to be on the internet.

Picked up this c2 from reb for the next field race. 

A-framed it with the 505, all was going well until around auchtermuchty I noticed the battery light was on, a quick look under the bonnet it appeared to have all of its belts, I was afraid to turn the engine off in case it wouldn't start again so waited until I got to the unit and found it was missing the alternator belt.

All of the belts look quite old so probably a good idea to change all of them now.

IMG_20211004_170133268_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211004_175727716.jpg

IMG_20211004_175906580_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211004_181809293_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211004_182920556.jpg

IMG_20211004_190145923.jpg

18 minutes ago, Poweredbyhopealone said:

I had a C2 with the flappy paddles many moons ago. It was shit, I'm extremely glad you're going to smash this one up.

No flappy paddles on this one! It was just the VTR that had that I think. This is a GT, basically a base model but with 110hp.

On 06/10/2021 at 21:08, DodgyBastard said:

It's even more ripe than I first suspected!

There's something very deadpan about the way you just quietly grab that pick-axe and start bashing holes in things. It gets me laughing every time.

Since buying my mz earlier in the year I've barely used my aprilia and the mot has now expired.

I've stuck it up for sale in a few places for £1950, I've probably sunk around £2500 into it buying all of the "go faster" bits and it now goes really well. I know there's a few people into bikes on here but don't imagine there'll be much interest if I did make an advert.

IMG_20211009_231020_524.jpg

IMG_20211009_231020_808.jpg

I sold the 305 yesterday for £1400

51427846624_0cb10c1709_h.jpg

A younger local guy came to see it, he had seen my youtube videos of it so knew exactly what he was getting and seemed happy to have a new project. I've agreed to drop it off to him today so there's be some quality photos of me A-framing it with the 505 later. With some free space and a bit of extra cash I've been eyeing up what to buy next and have spotted something on the forum I'd like to have a go at so have exchanged a few messages back and forth and with any luck it'll be here next week.

Also I've been accumulating parts for the 205, it's still mot'd but is currently immobile with a snapped clutch cable and a dodgy starter, on top of that the rear axle is seized. I have another axle to go on, new rear hoses, rear bushes, new clutch cable, starter motor from the BX. Just had zero motivation to get on with fixing it and to top it off my Mrs who the 205 really belongs to isn't all that interested in it and has talked about selling it. I'm not entirely sure what a scruffy 5 door 205 D-turbo is actually worth plus I might still want to keep it when it's usable.

I've been considering buying a new-ish (by my standards) car for winter use, last year I had the Bini which was reliable and did what was required to take me to work and back. My main requirements for a winter car is something that starts easily and has good heaters that are able to clear the frost/ice from the windscreen and around £500...

51260554292_a89514c7f0_h.jpg

This has good heaters but can sometimes take a bit of coaxing to get it started in damp conditions. Mot has just run out and it'll need a couple of bits and pieces. I'm split between running this over the winter or finding something a bit newer that I really don't have to care about.