Retroshite

DodgyBastard

4 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Are you one of those who goes to a car boot sale and promptly asks how much to buy the table, but none if the items sat on it?!

not been to a boot sale in years....and no..i'm usually looking at overpriced tatt!!

16 hours ago, big_al_granvia said:

where is the rest of the fleet and how many work and are legal

Currently in that picture, the LDV, Subaru and 505 are working and legal, the 305 is out of mot, the 205 is legal but needs a clutch cable and the ranger is working but currently on sorn.

At home I have another 3 cars that are working and legal, a 305, Corolla and Camry.

4 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

Currently in that picture, the LDV, Subaru and 505 are working and legal, the 305 is out of mot, the 205 is legal but needs a clutch cable and the ranger is working but currently on sorn.

At home I have another 3 cars that are working and legal, a 305, Corolla and Camry.

you are doing well

That 505 is sweet - my mates dad had the same model but in the famile estate with all the seats - we drove round Europe in supreme comfort. Ill def be up for a ticket when you get bored of this one - suspect that may be way way off!!

I've been using the 505 constantly since getting it, I'm quite happy with it overall but it does have some issues, the sunroof doesn't open and also leaks in very heavy rain. I'm facing the dilemma of either trying to open it and clear the sunroof drains or just sealing it shut and forgetting about it.
Also noticed the radiator is weeping, I'm struggling to find a replacement automatic radiator so my options are looking like k seal, having the original radiator recored or buying a manual radiator plus separate oil cooler for the auto transmission.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Envious.

A grunty diesel automatic would probably suit me well as a general use / cruiser for going up to Aberdeenshire or other longer journeys.

Perhaps not that specific car you have, but something along those sorts of lines.

This opinion I've recently formed has nothing to do with the passenger ride I had in Reb's Volvo 850 last weekend. Not at all.

Spotted a sheet metal folder for sale on marketplace earlier for £200 which I thought was pretty reasonable for the quality of the machine.

It would have really come in handy last week when I was making sills by hand but I suppose it'll be good for future repairs.

I'll need to look at some fun projects to do with it and get used to how to use it.

IMG_20210817_183320549.jpg

IMG_20210817_181938064.jpg

Going for a look at a 2 seater convertible sports car in half an hour. I would really like a MK1 mx5 but there don't seem to be any cheap ones left so looking at the next worst thing.

It's £800, mot unit next year and it's British and red like all sports cars should be.

Plan is to drive it for a couple of weeks and if it's shit I'll raffle it off.