Retroshite

DodgyBastard

Looks smart that, has someone on here owned it before - that plate looks familiar? Mega barg for £500!
It was on the eBay tat thread but I vaguely remember the plate from somewhere too, I think it might have been for sale in my local scrapyard at some point, not quite sure.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

51331255072_cab5df6c96_b.jpg

51332201623_91e5241e09_b.jpg

51332717769_9bc229cd72_b.jpg

51332986375_e5bac52391_b.jpg

51332201548_534e154e8a_b.jpg

51331254917_ee43715042_b.jpg

Spotted this beauty on eBay, a 505 has been at the top of the WANT list for a while,  I did try and swap my 230TE for it last year but the seller wasn't all that interested and someone else bought it which is quite handy as it's now even closer.  I've left a deposit on it and hope to have it collected this week. I'm going to roffle the Scirocco over on facebook to raise some funds and make space.

The 505 is a GTD 2.5 turbo diesel Auto so hopefully it'll be as wafty as the Mercedes I just got rid of.

13 hours ago, Daviemck2006 said:

A bus firm I once worked for had a fleet of 505 estates for using as feeder cars picking school pupils up in country areas to meet the busses on the main roads. I liked driving them. I would bet that Zel would know which bus firm it was, as they would have been in his area.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Quite possibly Cheyne's Coaches/Amber Travel - Cheyne's provided our school transport when I was in Fisherford in the mid 90s, but it was a Pug 505 which ran our school meals over from Auchterless - wouldn't have surprised me if that was done as part of the same contract.

Quite possibly Cheyne's Coaches/Amber Travel - Cheyne's provided our school transport when I was in Fisherford in the mid 90s, but it was a Pug 505 which ran our school meals over from Auchterless - wouldn't have surprised me if that was done as part of the same contract.
It was Hays of Huntly I worked for that ran the 505s. We did have a contract for school meals, I never did it but I think I it was from Auchterless to Fyvie. That was around 2000 to 2002. The 505s were all quite elderly by that time and were being replaced with transits, usually 12 seaters with 3 taken out so they could be driven on car licences.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Another car should be arriving tonight, a 205 Mardi gras diesel.

I'm most likely going to strip it for bits, the d-turbo needs a rear axle and I think reb needs an engine so that's a couple of big bits being removed.

If anyone wants anything give me a shout, it'll all be going cheap I should think.

received_969266510577764.jpeg

received_505345274102582.jpeg

received_365228171638603.jpeg

received_179453380879544.jpeg

I took the 505 to work today and managed to score a red parking permit to park inside the gate next to all of the managers cars, I saw a few people looking around it to find out what it was. I'm sure it's doing wonders for the companies image having this old shitter parked outside of "advanced manufacturing".
With any luck they will move me to a different department...

^ Photo required for maximum entertainment. 
What happened to your ex Slater/blue forum 505? 
This one looks bloody lovely to be fair

No photos allowed unfortunately.

I never ended up buying the other 505, I put a deposit on it then decided against it, it needed far too much work to put right, a guy I know did buy it and fabricated some wide metal arches and resprayed it black.

3 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

Yeah, I bought the right one!

FB_IMG_1627400374793.jpg

FB_IMG_1627400366969.jpg

Yours is a much better starting point! Having said that, it's great to see the 505 above live again. Has he got a build thread on it anywhere? Could do with getting him on here... Edit: Just found the thread for it on the blue 👍🏻

All this 505 talk has reminded me of a local Cornish lad who picked up a rough 505 gti from nearby a few years back. It's a great watch - he's keeping it for spares for his decent, identical 505 gti. In fact, I'm wondering if it was you who shared the link originally?!

On 7/27/2021 at 10:19 AM, DodgyBastard said:

If anyone wants anything give me a shout, it'll all be going cheap I should think.

If you can be arsed taking it off, I really need an offside front wing. It's a big job to remove though so understand if you cba

49 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

The wing has a rusty hole on the top.

Please stand down.

Is it a non-turbo? I am now DESPERATE for a hub carrier but obviously I don't know which side. Are yours alright, and how much would you want for them??