Retroshite

DodgyBastard

This should be off to a new owner on Saturday, I'm going to miss wafting around in it and will most likely regret selling it but it looks like it'll be going to a good home and will be staying on the forum.

Brakes have been binding recently probably through lack of use so I've had the calipers off and tried squeezing the pistons back in to try and free things off. Hopefully it'll be a smooth journey back to the south of England....

IMG_20210715_132021482_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210715_143446715_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210715_154416790_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210715_154921752_HDR.jpg

5 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

This should be off to a new owner on Saturday, I'm going to miss wafting around in it and will most likely regret selling it but it looks like it'll be going to a good home and will be staying on the forum.

Brakes have been binding recently probably through lack of use so I've had the calipers off and tried squeezing the pistons back in to try and free things off. Hopefully it'll be a smooth journey back to the south of England....

It’s certainly moved around a lot. I bought it from Yorkshire, took it home to the North West, I found pictures of it online from before I had in Bournemouth, up to the Noryh of Scotland with FOAD, now back down south…

10 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

spoiler warning man! :) 

somehow until now this one completely skipped my mind when trying to guess what said person its going to was going to get next, yet the clues and previous comments make it bloody obvious!

very much looking forward to seeing this one in its new home! :) 

also pleased to hear the fenlander is through another MOT, I have enjoyed tracking its escapades across the forum and hope its able to find a good home :) 

(I will admit I do like these Rovers)

Just a few adjustments and some grinding to do.

I did make a schoolboy mistake when cutting out the old arch, I forgot to check whether there was anything behind it and managed to chop some of the loom. I can't find where it goes next in front of the wheel arch, it may well go into the sill.

IMG_20210717_141824895.jpg

Just cunted myself on the mower, I swapped the pulleys last week and today swapped the carb and bypassed the governor. 

I managed to accidentally jam the throttle wide open and wheelie it, flip it and fall off the back, it really quite hurt.

I grazed my hands and smashed my knees. Who's coming over for a go?

IMG_20210717_173424212.jpg

33 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

Just cunted myself on the mower, I swapped the pulleys last week and today swapped the carb and bypassed the governor. 

I managed to accidentally jam the throttle wide open and wheelie it, flip it and fall off the back, it really quite hurt.

I grazed my hands and smashed my knees. Who's coming over for a go?

IMG_20210717_173424212.jpg

...Ozzy Osbourne is typing...

😂

Seriously, hope you're ok though!

Another car you saved, the Visa is safe and well.

A year after your weldathon repairs the Visa owner said he could not look after it anymore and left it parked on the street without an MOT. I spoke to him and he said he wanted to pass it on, while I was considering who might take it on long term, Mrs6c interrupted and said she would.

The owners brother organised a fresh MOT at our cost. Then @aldo135 took charge of it and he organised a new clutch to be fitted at Blackford Motor Engineers in Edinburg before bringing it south for us. Covid had struck so it did not see much use but did make it to a couple of our FoD events. Now resting indoors there is not much wrong with it except the clutch pedal bracket needs welding.

IMG_20200822_171314 broad v2.jpg

The Camry is really smooth to drive and feels relatively quick for the size of it. It's had loads of goffer paint repairs that look really bad up close, front wings look a little scruffy but it has a pair of brand new ones in the boot.
I like it, it's nice to waft around in although I would have preferred it in auto.

In other news supernaut and reb came over to fanny around with cars and stuff, it was good fun.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

The Camry is really smooth to drive and feels relatively quick for the size of it. It's had loads of goffer paint repairs that look really bad up close, front wings look a little scruffy but it has a pair of brand new ones in the boot.
I like it, it's nice to waft around in although I would have preferred it in auto.

Great that you got it.

I have stacks of saloon spares that I need to rehome soon. Even if I keep the estate after my move the donor 4-door sitting at the back of my driveway is going to have to go.