Retroshite

DodgyBastard

8 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

Hopefully make a start on the welding tomorrow, need to buy some sheet metal.

Underneath seems ok, there's a crusty bit around the rear beam I might get away with welding but worst case scenario I can swap the axle from the gold one which originally came from a c15.

IMG_20210628_175805059.jpg

IMG_20210628_175753601_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210628_175730448_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210628_175707272_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210628_175716607_HDR.jpg

I like how this machine has clung on here, keep up the good work :) 

I like the miss matched panels here give it an almost battle hardened look

its just a shame someone ditched the "melted" front number plate LOL

I hope its able to stay in the fold :) 

Have you still got the Merc for sale? 
I still have the Mercedes but not actively trying to sell it because I can't be bothered dealing with the typical types of buyers asking a million questions, wanting a thousand photos and wanting a discount due to the distance they are from me.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

I still have the Mercedes but not actively trying to sell it because I can't be bothered dealing with the typical types of buyers asking a million questions, wanting a thousand photos and wanting a discount due to the distance they are from me.

I get that, just been through it selling the Wife's S type, one guy asked all the questions, came and saw abs drove it twice, once with a mechanic and didn't buy it, in the end a chap off here came, saw and bought, easy! 

What sort of money would you be after if you were to sell it? 

19 hours ago, LuxoBroke said:

I get that, just been through it selling the Wife's S type, one guy asked all the questions, came and saw abs drove it twice, once with a mechanic and didn't buy it, in the end a chap off here came, saw and bought, easy! 

What sort of money would you be after if you were to sell it? 

£3500

On 7/3/2021 at 2:50 PM, DodgyBastard said:

Kinda tempted to see if you'd like to swap it for a Jag...

Aware it's the first car I really ought to move on, but can't be assed selling it for precisely the same reasons as you!

Have we seen any photos of the interior of that one? 

Really does tick the practical but interesting box which I really do need to get on fleet...If it's still about once I have moved something on I may well be after the keys to that.

We went to Glasgow and bought a scirocco, it's a bit old and battered and done 240k miles.

Drives ok and mechanically seems fine but needs a lot of bits and pieces, interior is tatty, steering wheel well worn out.

It feels a little cramped inside but my thoughts are if I end up hating it, it might be easy enough to get rid of.

IMG_20210709_123143490.jpg

IMG_20210709_123044579.jpg

IMG_20210709_140024668.jpg

21 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

We went to Glasgow and bought a scirocco, it's a bit old and battered and done 240k miles.

Drives ok and mechanically seems fine but needs a lot of bits and pieces, interior is tatty, steering wheel well worn out.

It feels a little cramped inside but my thoughts are if I end up hating it, it might be easy enough to get rid of.

Quality. I fucking love Sciroccos. Must definitely have one some day - luckily Mrs Rod/b likes them too so I might just about get away with it. 

Mot passed on the fenlander, I've rarely driven it  so thinking I should probably sell it. I have someone interested in it who's previously bought an Allegro, rover 216 and mini from me so it would be going to a good home.

Not really sure what to value it at, what's a ropey old diesel rover worth?

2021-06-23_04-57-55.jpg

On 7/9/2021 at 3:10 PM, DodgyBastard said:

What do you need @DodgyBastard? I've got a fair few interior bits in my garage left from the one I broke for parts. Plus a mild steel 4-1 etc.

The seats all do that sir, but the steering wheel degradation is a new one on me. Mind saying what you paid for it?

59 minutes ago, Coprolalia said:

What do you need @DodgyBastard? I've got a fair few interior bits in my garage left from the one I broke for parts. Plus a mild steel 4-1 etc.

The seats all do that sir, but the steering wheel degradation is a new one on me. Mind saying what you paid for it?

A 421 manifold would be cool, not sure what else I might need other than the steering wheel and possibly electric window components.

I paid £900 for it.

I'm working nights for the next couple of weeks so hoping I can muster the enthusiasm during the day to get on with welding the 305.

The really grotty b-pillar and sill area I thought was going to be mega rotten isn't even that bad, inner sill shouldn't need any welding and the original sill underneath the plate isn't even that bad.

IMG_20210713_160159726.jpg

Mot passed on the fenlander, I've rarely driven it  so thinking I should probably sell it. I have someone interested in it who's previously bought an Allegro, rover 216 and mini from me so it would be going to a good home.
Not really sure what to value it at, what's a ropey old diesel rover worth?
2021-06-23_04-57-55.thumb.jpg.e0bbfa72380a7acba546156e920ff3f0.jpg
Its nae a bad driving thing apart from the lowered suspension. I should think cos it's so solid and a new mot you should get £500. If someone was to buy at 500, run a year then scrap it at £250 it's cheap transport.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Glad to get that out of the way, welding/fabrication is a complete pile of shit but with a liberal coating of seam sealer, paint and underseal nobody will really notice.

Next up will be the rear arch but I may need to wait until I can really be bothered because It will really end up looking like a pile of shit.