Retroshite

DodgyBastard

26 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

It's a pity the bushing I need isn't available from there!

Dammit. I got a Peugeot one when I did the other diesel Rover, but that was an upper mount.

Maybe this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENGINE-MOUNT-MOUNTING-RIGHT-REAR-CORTECO-21652763-P-FOR-CITROEN-XANTIA-JUMPY-/265158748662?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249

44 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

It's a pity the bushing I need isn't available from there!

Worst case scenario, wad a load of black sikaflex (Puraflex at Toolstation is virtually the same stuff) in. Problem solved.

Had to do that on a few various mounts on different cars for various reasons, from being totally shot, to stiffening mounts to stop clearance issues,

they've usually outlasted replacements....

13 hours ago, Mrcento said:

Worst case scenario, wad a load of black sikaflex (Puraflex at Toolstation is virtually the same stuff) in. Problem solved.

Had to do that on a few various mounts on different cars for various reasons, from being totally shot, to stiffening mounts to stop clearance issues,

they've usually outlasted replacements....

Fancy solution is take it out and clean it up, then you fill it back up with a chemical mix which sets to form a new damper. Will link a video later when I find one. Never done it myself but have considered it for something in the past.

What!? I'd hoped it's next journey would be south!
I really couldn't see anyone else taking this on in its current state and the other option seemed to be weighing it in.
Perhaps when it's been welded, painted and put back on the road it'll find a new home in the south.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

It's a lovely car, and it drives really well.   I'm totally out of my depth with the amount of welding it needs though, and whilst facilities for "a bit" of welding should be doable, that's at least a few weeks if not months for someone working around kids, work, borrowed space etc. Etc.  

I reckon you're it's best hope.  Btw, there's a bonus MK1 headlight in the back.  And two broken MK2 ones.  And a matching pair of NOS Valeo ones.