Retroshite

DodgyBastard

We went a trip to the scrapyard to look for some bits of trim which had previously fallen off, most of the Mini's in there had already been stripped of the trim I needed or the clips holding it on were broken but I managed to piece together a selection of clips and the bits I needed from going round various cars.

50770944113_bc155d86b1_h.jpg

50771688421_6bff30db2c_h.jpg

50771803927_9b27d66797_h.jpg

It looks a little bit better now, it was refreshing being able to go into a regular scrapyard and have plenty of similar cars to pick the parts from.

What's your scrappy of choice [mention=5696]DodgyBastard[/mention]? I usually use upullit, haven't tried any others round Fife
U pull it is usually the first choice as it's the closest but I always found SCB at newbridge was a better choice for wheels or tyres.
I'm not really in the habit of owning cars that have an abundance of breakers in scrapyards so it was a bit of a novelty being able to just head to u pull it knowing there would probably be stock to choose from.

11 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

U pull it is usually the first choice as it's the closest but I always found SCB at newbridge was a better choice for wheels or tyres.

I'm not really in the habit of owning cars that have an abundance of breakers in scrapyards so it was a bit of a novelty being able to just head to u pull it knowing there would probably be stock to choose from.

On another topic, one of the guys I currently share the unit with is giving it up so I'm trying to think of anyone local who might be interested.

It's basically outside space for a few cars and use of the ramp and workshop space for £85 a month.

Cheers. Sports car breakers was shit last time I was there, the yard was pretty empty and they were saving all the good stuff for online sales by the looks of things. That was about a year ago though!

Unit wise I would like something, I'd be looking for indoor storage/working space though ideally. If I hear of anyone looking though I'll let you know.

Drifting your Stellar is like taking an aged war veteran to a rave. They deserve to be tucked up somewhere warm and dry and to stay around as long as possible, long after most of their comrades have fallen. You know they have one last party in them though...

I do hope you've cavity waxed the shit out of the old girl. 

7 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

Christina and the Queens? 

6 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

Driving it in the snow is the only time it will actually slide, it's hopelessly shit in any other situation. I wouldn't even bother attempting it in the wet.

Back in 1997, after owning mine for a few weeks, 18 year old me would attempt to drift it at every opportunity. Mostly with limited success, but one greasy roundabout on the way to work I actually managed it. Briefly. Next thing I knew, the back end had started to overtake the front, clipped the kerb and pierced the sidewall of the tyre.

Fortunately I'm older and wiser now (or at least one of those)...

On 12/30/2020 at 9:24 AM, DodgyBastard said:

On another topic, one of the guys I currently share the unit with is giving it up so I'm trying to think of anyone local who might be interested.

It's basically outside space for a few cars and use of the ramp and workshop space for £85 a month.

There must be lots of people who'd love to find something like that, FOAD. £85 a month is fantastic.