Retroshite

DodgyBastard

Is it not oil injection? Adding too much oil can cause lean running and overheating, although I'd be surprised at that ratio.
It was oil injection but I removed the oil tank because the previous owner said it had seized for whatever reason so thought I thought mixing it in the tank would be a safer bet.
I think it's an electrical issues so have ordered new points, condenser and coil.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

It was oil injection but I removed the oil tank because the previous owner said it had seized for whatever reason so thought I thought mixing it in the tank would be a safer bet.
I think it's an electrical issues so have ordered new points, condenser and coil.

If the bike has a single oil injection line going to the intake port then running on pre-mix works just fine.

On Suzuki's of the same era this will trash the LHS main bearing because that is lubed separately with it's own line from the oil pump and a second line goes to the intake port  to provide lube to the rest of the engine. The LHS main has a cover plate fitted which effectively blocks it from any lube mixed with the fuel. They will run on pre-mix but the LHS main has a short life and because of the racket produced by an air cooled 2-stroke you won't hear the hearing rumble until it's on the point of collapse.

I'm not familiar with the Kawasaki setup but it's worth checking how many lines go from the oil pump to the engine to make sure that running pre-mix will be safe.

39 minutes ago, DVee8 said:

Wasn't @BorniteIdentity, banging on about one in the ebaytat thread a few weeks ago?

Yes, but the one I saw was a mk5a - this is a 6.

Loves me a blurple car. This actually looks alright, and what I reckon we ought to all be perving over on AS.

Great work, FOAD!

50312723302_9beac135c2_c.jpgIMG_4244 by srblythe, on Flickr

50312721397_cbf4aa2356_c.jpgIMG_4248 by srblythe, on Flickr

50312547631_fd501936a2_c.jpgIMG_4250 by srblythe, on Flickr

50312545876_1342fc1261_c.jpgIMG_4253 by srblythe, on Flickr

50312544391_92d947e6b5_c.jpgIMG_4256 by srblythe, on Flickr

50312716792_10d934ae18_c.jpgIMG_4260 by srblythe, on Flickr

I bought this today, it isn't actually that rusty, couple of crusty bits on the sills and arches but underneath is just surface rust.

9 minutes ago, danthecapriman said:

Where/how the fuck do you keep finding stuff like this!? Incredible!

A Hungarian guy I know has owned it for the last few years as well as a bunch of Lada's, he's been pressuring me into buying it for months so I finally just gave in and bought it.

4 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

A Hungarian guy I know has owned it for the last few years as well as a bunch of Lada's, he's been pressuring me into buying it for months so I finally just gave in and bought it.

Well, I think I speak for us all here.

You did the right thing!

8 minutes ago, Jikovron said:

PandaBoSelecta. That's a name I've not seen in ages. I used to love RR for years before I realised this place better suits my style*. 

What's the replacement engine for the Fiat? I assume 124s are now in single figures - great find!

top chod sir, i thought you were a fifer but that accent sounds more glasgow
I've lived in Fife for the majority of my life but was born in bellshill and lived in East Kilbride for a few years until I moved here.
My accent is a mixture of both but more fife than weegie.

That KMX is the absolute bollocks. 
It is pretty cool but I did have to sacrifice my yz250 for it which was a much better spec and much faster.
I think I made the right decision, as much as I enjoyed thrashing it around quarries it was getting a little bit boring going to the same places.