Retroshite

DodgyBastard

11 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

get rid of that ridiculous wood trim,

Good buy. You do seem to find them.

I thought it would be a shame to ditch the Ghia wood trim as it's only becoming rarer. Then I looked at the photos again and spotted knots, pine and presumably self-tappers from Screwfix. Is that home-made Ghia trim made from somebody's old Argos wardrobe?! 

The wheels look to be correct offset to me, although obviously too modern for the car. Fiesta Supersport wheels are the same as Cortina X pack wheels and were used for 205 tyres. Steel sports wheels are also good with 185 tyres.

I like Cortina’s a lot and if I had to have just one car it would undoubtedly be a Cortina.

Mk4’s are the best looking (without the snowplough option!)

A couple of mine below:

image.thumb.jpeg.b52dbc392bba7aed0d19e61a01d07c47.jpeg

As a fellow purple Cortina owner I really like this.

Think some Sierras had wheels like that? Late XR4 maybe? 

Totally agree on removing all undesired tat but if you can be arsed some of that might find another misguided buyer on ebay, not just the louvre.  

1 hour ago, cort1977 said:

As a fellow purple Cortina owner I really like this.

Think some Sierras had wheels like that? Late XR4 maybe? 

Totally agree on removing all undesired tat but if you can be arsed some of that might find another misguided buyer on ebay, not just the louvre.  

The sapphire cosworth had wheels very similar but they'd be bigger than whats on it I'd think.

1 hour ago, cort16 said:

The sapphire cosworth had wheels very similar but they'd be bigger than whats on it I'd think.

15 inch on the Sapphire. Worth a bit of coin these days, I think the replacements would have to be slotmags if I was lucky enough to own this Cortina!

That is a huge improvement. It looks like you have the correct front valance which is a nice bonus. Many mk4’s have  a mk5 valance fitted like on my S above which then need the 4 holes welding up to look right, a job I need to get round to. Get all the tat on ebay for a few quid in the bank, as others have said it is amazing what people will pay for a Louvre!

23 minutes ago, Shite Ron said:

That is a huge improvement. It looks like you have the correct front valance which is a nice bonus. Many mk4’s have  a mk5 valance fitted like on my S above which then need the 4 holes welding up to look right, a job I need to get round to. Get all the tat on ebay for a few quid in the bank, as others have said it is amazing what people will pay for a Louvre!

Like how every surviving  mk1 Fiesta in 1990 had mk2 tailgates fitted, The mistake a few cortina owners have made in the past is buying mk5 doors for a mk4 Looks great until you try to close it.

7 hours ago, cort16 said:

Like how every surviving  mk1 Fiesta in 1990 had mk2 tailgates fitted, The mistake a few cortina owners have made in the past is buying mk5 doors for a mk4 Looks great until you try to close it.

I always thought the mk5 was just a face lifted mk4.

29 minutes ago, garbaldy said:

I always thought the mk5 was just a face lifted mk4.

My dad had a mk4 and a mk4 series 80. And a dangly mirror Sierra which I am using called a mk5 cortina at the time.

What year did they suddenly decide the series 80 was actually a mk5 ? 

12 minutes ago, New POD said:

My dad had a mk4 and a mk4 series 80. And a dangly mirror Sierra which I am using called a mk5 cortina at the time.

What year did they suddenly decide the series 80 was actually a mk5 ? 

Now your just confusing things even more ?

Never heard of a series 80 but I had a mk4 on a V and a mk5 on a W reg if that helps