Retroshite

DodgyBastard

fuck sight easier with hf start. Defiantly couldn't cope with scratch start these days. Love a bit of tig, it always feels like an art. Got a bit to do Monday morning, hope it comes out as well as that manifold you were doing. Needs to, someone's paying good money for it ?

If you do de-chrome the 2107, please keep the parts with the car for future keepers at least.  They're pretty rare these days and quite sought after by enthusiasts in their own right.  The whole ridiculous "Lada Vanden Plas" thing is part of their appeal.

I know it's your car and all that - but if I were looking to butcher one for a 4WD body transplant I'd wait until a standard Riva became available rather than messing with the 2107.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go.  You bought the cars, they're yours to do as you wish.  Given your skills I also thoroughly look forward to reading about whatever you get up to.

If you do de-chrome the 2107, please keep the parts with the car for future keepers at least.  They're pretty rare these days and quite sought after by enthusiasts in their own right.  The whole ridiculous "Lada Vanden Plas" thing is part of their appeal.
I know it's your car and all that - but if I were looking to butcher one for a 4WD body transplant I'd wait until a standard Riva became available rather than messing with the 2107.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go.  You bought the cars, they're yours to do as you wish.  Given your skills I also thoroughly look forward to reading about whatever you get up to.
I have a standard Riva in bits to butcher, it's sitting as a rolling shell with no engine or transmission.

The 2107 front is growing on me a little.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

I didn't realise it was an old one, it's hard to keep up.
It would shift with a v8.
My mam had a saloon one in two tone green. I remember ragging the tits off it when I was about 19. The throttle stuck on full bore. I panicked, dipped the clutch and coasted to a halt. The noise was horrendous, I didn't think an engine could rev so high. I popped the bonnet and the throttle cable had hooked over the linkage. Easy fix at least.

I didn't realise it was an old one, it's hard to keep up.
It would shift with a v8.
My mam had a saloon one in two tone green. I remember ragging the tits off it when I was about 19. The throttle stuck on full bore. I panicked, dipped the clutch and coasted to a halt. The noise was horrendous, I didn't think an engine could rev so high. I popped the bonnet and the throttle cable had hooked over the linkage. Easy fix at least.

I just have great memories of going to collect it and driving it around over summer.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

I had been looking at the car for 5 minutes when some other guy turned up with a trailer who had also travelled from over an hour away to see the car, the guy selling the car was like "oh fuck" that will be the guy from Perth... The guy from Perth was raging, I thought he was going to beat fuck out of the seller when he told them "the car's £2k, whoever wants to bid the highest can have it" I was ready to walk away when the guy from Perth just said, "we already agreed on £1500" he then showed me the texts on his phone of the conversation. Then he said he wasn't dealing with the twat of the seller and fucked off in a huff.
After he left I said to the seller "would £1500 buy it?" he said he supposed so. I asked if he would accept a bank transfer and he said no, he didn't do online banking but could do Paypal which I wasn't particularly keen on, I had some drama with Paypal and ended having to send half through that and half to his Mrs bank. It was a lot of fucking about.
It was advertised for £3k a few days ago then the price dropped to £2k. If that other guy hadn't turned up I'd have probably paid more for it..

18 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

I'm looking forward to de-twatting it, need to get rid of that ridiculous wood trim, the front valance, mirrors, find suitable wheels, sell the louvre.

I fully approve of your de-twatting  plan, you should get some of your purchase price back and a much better looking car, win_win.
That was a fantastic buy. I hope the number plates are being binned also.