Retroshite

DodgyBastard

Was the Hyundai fookin fooked m8 in some way as that looked great and the Sierra looks awful?

It wasn't too bad really, it drove fine but had a few warning lights including brakes, engine management and abs/traction control. The rear arches were a little bit crusty.

Why did I swap it for a horrendous looking Sierra? Because I could!

I wanted a Sierra more, I don't buy or keep cars to please random people on the internet, I'm sure over the years many people have been shouting at their screens "You fucking stupid cunt" "Why did you swap that for this?" etc etc but I've really just got to please myself.

The Hyundai could have been a great car but it did nothing for me, I only bought it because it was cheap and that age of car scares me with engine management lights, I see them as a potential liability and money pit so it's best sticking to older cars.

If I'm going to have a big thirsty barge I want an LS400.

Check the rear chassis rails for cracks, ours went after lots of towing.

This......... iirc Sierras had to have the correct format towing rig as the rear was a weak point.... this is from the dim patches of distant memory so may be crap, but it does resonate.

If an aftermarket has been lobbed on it'll be all kinds of wrong.

Thoroughly horrid in every cool kind of way. The only way is up......

I'll have a look at the chassis rails when I get a chance, I'll need to get under it at some point to fit the exhaust. The previous owner seemed to be a fan of a backbox delete and has already chopped of the silencers on the Hyundai and fitted bigger wheels.

45845029864_e8e0c4b091_c.jpgxg30 by srblythe, on Flickr

I expect to see it up for sale shortly at a much inflated price...

You could put some diesel purge through it. Apparently When it’s running on diesel purge everything should quiet right down even if it has diesel knock. lf it’s still knocking like fuck you may have engine problems.

Old stuff like that will have a pronounced knock, so long as it pulls well you should be ok. More telling is once it’s settled it should idle fairly smoothly with minimal clag.

If it blows on you make sure you rag the diff out of it. The 2.3 diesel diffs are highly prized. Assuming however someone hasn’t already swapped it.