Retroshite

DodgyBastard

35 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Win some, lose some. :(  

Is a clutch kit megabucks? Slap a clutch on it and get someone to deep clean the interior, should still be alright unless the rest of the mechanicals are fucked too

About £400ish. Everything else seems ok apart from it needs tyres.

I've just spotted something even worse for sale in the same area so I'm away out to buy that...

39 minutes ago, Rod/b said:

Have you ever been and looked at a car and gone “nah that’s too shite”?

I've been to look at a few cars and never bought them.

11534633736_bc2462b9ab_h.jpg

A Bedford Rascal that had flat tyres and the seller couldn't get it to run, it was also miserable outside with cold and rain so never bothered trying to hard to get it going and opted for the warm heaters of the 240.

Another couple recently were a 190E and a Hillman Hunter the sellers wouldn't let me test drive so I never bothered pursuing them. If I'd test driven the ranger I wouldn't have bought it but having watched the seller move it out of his garden I assumed it was OK.

42 minutes ago, spartacus said:

Ace! That's the smaller, non camper version of mine, same colour I think. What engine is it?

I would imagine it's the most agricultural drive this side of a tractor.

I'd imagine it was an xud or dw8 but I've not checked. It drives very much like a Lada crossed with a smiley Transit. Gear change takes some getting used to.

13 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

I think I'm going to try selling it and hopefully recover the purchase price and the cost of another a-frame but if nobody wants it I'll probably be fixing it.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Looking for a pickup? Got no sense of smell? Urine luck!

I've been making an effort recently to tidy up my unit, anyone who's visited will confirm it's usually a complete shitehole, last time I had a good tidy in June it looked like this.

48068050231_607e799490_c.jpgRJC_0249 by srblythe, on Flickr

48068152587_8f1d434fed_c.jpgRJC_0248 by srblythe, on Flickr

48068151432_f6105071a1_c.jpgRJC_0245 by srblythe, on Flickr

Which was ok but I seemed to have accumulated loads of parts for cars I no longer own so had a mass clear out over Christmas and did a bit of painting.

49183498307_51c99f5893_c.jpgRJC_2735 by srblythe, on Flickr

49288409482_a76933eacd_c.jpgRJC_3182 by srblythe, on Flickr

49334651562_f7c4768dc8_c.jpgRJC_3538 by srblythe, on Flickr

49334649837_ec526cd6a3_c.jpgRJC_3535 by srblythe, on Flickr

49333965083_3b2dd7fc7b_c.jpgRJC_3534 by srblythe, on Flickr

Still have some painting left to do but it's a much nicer place to work in so far now that all of the mess and clutter has gone.

14 minutes ago, rainagain said:

Looks great, are you making room for a rather large metal folder! ;) 

Maybe haha!

Still not exactly sure how to get the large metal folder from you to me though, I know if I can get it loaded into the ranger I can get use of the forklift here to unload it. I'll also need to borrow some risk assessments and such from work to keep your bosses happy.

13 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

Maybe haha!

Still not exactly sure how to get the large metal folder from you to me though, I know if I can get it loaded into the ranger I can get use of the forklift here to unload it. I'll also need to borrow some risk assessments and such from work to keep your bosses happy.

We’ve got plenty of fork lifts, let me know when you fancy coming round to look at it. I think you could dismantle quite a few bits off it to make it easier to lift. 

Don't poke the rust, don't poke... 

49364007817_5169db8cba_c.jpgRJC_3583 by srblythe, on Flickr

Oh dear.

49363229071_4690ff5354_c.jpgRJC_3612 by srblythe, on Flickr

49363437982_f2b8f72a12_c.jpgRJC_3604 by srblythe, on Flickr

49363227206_a9c9d730cd_c.jpgRJC_3605 by srblythe, on Flickr

Nothing to see here...

49363072743_b807b4e7bb_c.jpgRJC_3619 by srblythe, on Flickr

If anyone fancies winning this in a roffle check out this for sale thread for more details.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:07 PM, DodgyBastard said:

Nah, we shook hands and I agreed it was sold as seen and he'd never hear from me again regarding any further faults I found etc so there was no chance of asking for a refund. It's my own fault for assuming everything was fine so I'll just take it on the chin and forget about it.

Just a heads-up, that's the standard implication in all car sales in Romania: buyer beware!

Just a heads-up, that's the standard implication in all car sales in Romania: buyer beware!
I thought that was the standard implication everywhere. Had I assessed the car properly I wouldn't have bought it so as far as I'm concerned it's my own fault for not checking it thoroughly.
I usually let any potential buyers inspect my cars on a ramp, let them test drive it and tell them any faults I know of then leave it up to them to decide if they want it or not.
If they agree that they are happy, as soon as they hand over the cash and drive away the car is no longer any of my concern.

1 hour ago, DodgyBastard said:

I don't have a use for it. What I should have kept was the tailgate as the one on the other ranger is totally fucked.

Worth some £ on its own though. 

If its the same setup as an F150 the tailgate would have been a piece of piss to remove too. 

I could have broken the ranger for spares, kept some bits for myself and made my money back but I simply couldn't be fucking bothered with the hassle.
It was a lot less time consuming and less stressful to just get rid of it at a loss and forget about it.