Retroshite

DodgyBastard

You will be able to upgrade from a house to a castle soon if you keep this up default_icon_smile.gif

Haha, I'll settle for a small cottage with some land to fill with shite cars.
I currently live in a concrete prefab flat roofed upper flat which looks pretty grim from the outside but has a nice long driveway and an incredibly cheap mortgage.
Much like most things I buy , we got it cheap due to the previous owner going bankrupt and being forced to sell it quickly by the bank, it was some ridiculous like £43k but is now worth around £60-70k.
I'm hoping we can save enough to buy something outright which might be uninhabitable and very cheap, do it up, move in then sell the flat.

We did find a castle in Newport on tay which was pretty much the dream home and was as described above but at £200k it's just a little bit out of my price range...

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Lovely car there Scott... just popped up on my Facebook feed, 

Brings back happy memories of my Grandad's one (same year).  Used to think we were the bees knees getting driven round Glasgow in it!  I can see you're excited to get it and rightly so, I hope it's not crass to suggest that you would let us know if and when you decide to move it on? 

To be fair, I am completely stuck for space at the mo, but if the Audi was sold, I can't think of anything else I'd rather take the heat for replacing it with! 

Good luck with it anyway, and well done again!

Lovely car there Scott... just popped up on my Facebook feed, 
Brings back happy memories of my Grandad's one (same year).  Used to think we were the bees knees getting driven round Glasgow in it!  I can see you're excited to get it and rightly so, I hope it's not crass to suggest that you would let us know if and when you decide to move it on? 
To be fair, I am completely stuck for space at the mo, but if the Audi was sold, I can't think of anything else I'd rather take the heat for replacing it with! 
Good luck with it anyway, and well done again!
I'll keep you in mind for when the time comes. It does look really good in the photos but isn't really very good at all. I'll take some less flattering pics tomorrow.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, mrbenn said:

Nice work! Was it the pump? Sounds sweet.

Love the "key".

I changed the fuel pump, points, condenser, spark plugs and fan belt, it was mainly the pump and points stopping it from running before by the looks of it but the other bits did need changed.

I need a rocker cover gasket and radiator hoses next.

The key was broken so I welded a screwdriver to it.

59 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Absolutely love it. Come from round this way somewhere originally, too.

It has some giffer written notes with the paperwork, first owner was in Warrington, second Liverpool and third Corwen.

49243891561_1063f9eb4b_c.jpgOld scans by srblythe, on Flickr

49243891616_3131f44b3e_c.jpgOld scans by srblythe, on Flickr

It also came with a selection of old photos of it when it was in good condition!

I changed the fuel pump, points, condenser, spark plugs and fan belt, it was mainly the pump and points stopping it from running before by the looks of it but the other bits did need changed.
I need a rocker cover gasket and radiator hoses next.
The key was broken so I welded a screwdriver to it.

They all break, I remember the usual for us was a big washer.